Cost of renting sleeping bags for the Inka Trail?

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: jimshu, JaliscoJudy, sinecure, ballu, TravelFun

Cost of renting sleeping bags for the Inka Trail?

Postby tanisha » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:46 am

Hi Some people are saying 30USD and others £10USD>? HELP
tanisha
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Cost of renting sleeping bags for the Inka Trail?

Postby Graybeard » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:13 pm

£10USD
:?: :?:

Not sure what the above means. US Dollars? British pounds. Some other currency? Anyway, it has been 7 years since I hiked the Inca trail with G, so prices have likely changed. But, my recall is that the cost of renting a bag AND a thicker thermarest pad was about $30* for the four days. I found the bags to be of good quality and clean. For more comfortable and warmer sleeping, yes, rent the pad. The one that came standard were much thinner. The cost was very reasonable and it saved schlepping around a sleeping bag for the other 2 1/2 weeks I was in Peru where it was not needed.

For extra clarity: Thirty US dollars.
Graybeard
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer

Postby braddowse » Thu May 18, 2017 4:21 am

Not sure the cost... but pay for some extras. In this case it's worth it.
braddowse

Postby lauraluv » Sat May 20, 2017 4:06 am

I just returned from the Peru Panorama tour with Inca Trail on May 13th. The current cost for the sleeping bag was 45 Soles, roughly $14 USD and I believe both the air mattress and set of two hiking poles were each 30 Soles, $9 USD. I found it to be totally worth it to rent a sleeping bag and not have to worry about carrying it around the rest of my trip. It was clean and warm. The air mattress should be considered essential since the mat that is provided for free is too thin to be actually useful and you will definitely want to get a good nights sleep! And I could not have completed the hike without the poles. Essential for stability, both ascending and descending the uneven and sometimes HUGE steps and if it rains, it gets REALLY slippery. :? We were a group of 12 and every one of us used hiking poles. I promise you will not regret having them!
lauraluv
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Return to South America