Best of Central America vs. Central American Journey

Central American volcanoes, cities and markets; Mexican Mayan history and Caribbean beaches and rainforests.

Moderators: jimshu, JaliscoJudy, sinecure, ballu, TravelFun

Best of Central America vs. Central American Journey

Postby littlechef » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:42 pm

I'm debating which trip to take in the next few months and it's hard weighing them up! Central American Journey means missing El Salvador but Best of means missing out on Roatan. Can anyone shed any light for me?!

One of the other reasons it's hard to decide is I plan to travel solo for a couple of weeks at the end of the trip and am not sure if I'd be better off doing Mexico or more of Costa Rica and maybe dipping into Panama. I've been to Mexico before on the Cities, Cuisines and Ruins tour and would love to explore more but the sheer scale of the country makes me suspect it might be pretty difficult alone. Anyone have any tips?

Help!
littlechef
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Best of Central America vs. Central American Journey

Postby heather-m » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:01 pm

I was trying to decide between the two of them a little while ago! I ended up booking the Central American Journey just because it does slightly less in almost exactly the same amount of time and I was worried the Best of Central America might end up feeling more rushed. It sounds like you're probably best basing your decision off where you'd rather spend those weeks at the end because I think either one will be a great tour. My trip starts in about 2 weeks I'll let you know how it goes! :D
heather-m

Postby g_traveller_bf5eef30 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:40 pm

Hoping that either/both of you are still paying attention to this forum because I have exactly the same question! Am weighing them up against each other and having a difficult time choosing.

I had originally planned to travel through CAM solo but follow the rough itinerary of Gadventures but there are some downsides to that (missing out on having a guide, getting lonely after a while, having to do all the organising all the time) which made me look at group tours. On the other hand, I worry about how "yolo" the Central American Journey tour is or whether the "classic" type tour would be too sedate.

Any insight/advice would be greatly appreciated!
g_traveller_bf5eef30

Postby g_traveller_c88914dd » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:08 pm

I'm trying to decide between these two trips for January/February 2018 - any advice/feedback on the one you chose in the end? Thanks :)
g_traveller_c88914dd

Postby g_traveller_34354037 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:58 am

Id love to hear some feedback on the central america journey and any advice/tips for it. Im doing it in January :)

Diane
g_traveller_34354037

Return to Central America, Mexico & Caribbean