Question for those who've done Mexico-Cities Cuisine & Ruins

Central American volcanoes, cities and markets; Mexican Mayan history and Caribbean beaches and rainforests.

Moderators: jimshu, JaliscoJudy, sinecure, ballu, TravelFun

Question for those who've done Mexico-Cities Cuisine & Ruins

Postby brad.fraser » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:48 pm

Hey travellers,

Eyeing off and planning Central America trips for 2018. G has a Mexican tour that appeals, Cities, Cuisine & Ruins, however new on the 2018 itinerary is a similar tour called Classic Mexico Adventure which bypasses one of the long driving stints of the first tour in favour of a flight, and a night in Valladolid which is home to some gorgeous cenotes. However to achieve this, it means skipping San Cristóbal de Las Casas, the destination at the end of the long driving day of the first tour.

My question for those who have completed the first tour is how did you find San Cristóbal de Las Casas? Was it worth the 11ish hour drive from Qaxaca? There are two full days spent there so there must be a fair bit to see and do?

Curious to see how others have found it, if consensus is that it isn't a dealbreaker missing it then I might lean towards the second tour, however if you found it amazing please let me know. I can suck up a long driving day to see it, have definitely done longer driving stints than that :lol:

Thanks for any/all feedback!!
brad.fraser
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer

Return to Central America, Mexico & Caribbean