DACD170920 : Cape and Namibia Adventure 20 September

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: jimshu, JaliscoJudy, sinecure, ballu, TravelFun

DACD170920 : Cape and Namibia Adventure 20 September

Postby g_traveller_0bd7bae4 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:07 pm

Anyone going on this tour on these dates? My friend and I will be doing this trip and I was hoping to touch base with some fellow tour mates. We will be arriving in Cape town a day a head of the official start of the tour.

Thanks,

Laurie
g_traveller_0bd7bae4
User Rank: Traveller

Re: DACD170920 : Cape and Namibia Adventure 20 September

Postby janinef » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:26 am

Hi Laurie,

I think i am on the same trip starting on 20 September but i continue until Vic Falls.
What about you? Gonna land in Cape Town on 18 already :)
I booked this pretty spontaneously two weeks ago and got the last spot on the tour!

Nice to be in touch,

Janine
janinef
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby g_traveller_0bd7bae4 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:49 pm

Janine,

I wanted to do the tour through to Vic falls but I have to get back stateside before my last quarter of school starts. Where are you coming from? We are coming from Alaska in the United States. My friend, Jenna and I will be landing in Cape Town on the 19th. We are booking a private day tour on the 20th. We are going to see the sights from Cape Yown to the Cape of Good Hope. Do you have any plans? When I was confirming my details they told me that there are 15 women and 3 men on this trip. I look forward to meeting you! Keep in touch!

Laurie
g_traveller_0bd7bae4

Postby downtownjudybrown » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:00 am

Hi Janine! My friend and I are booked on the 21-day "Iconic S.A. Tour", starting in Capetown on Sept. 23... We are booked 2 Extra/ Early nights at The Inn On The Square, so we arrive there on Sept. 21. Our Tour ends in Victoria Falls on Oct. 13. I'm thinking you will be "over-lapping with our group" at some point!!! You can find me on this same site under "downtown Judy Brown" or email me at mjbrown@embarqmail.com Would love to "connect" ahead of time!!! Judy Brown
downtownjudybrown

Postby janinef » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:18 am

Hi again,

wow i see i am not too well prepared yet... I still need to book a hotel for the 2 nights before the tour starts and havn't made plans yet either.
A private tour sounds good :)
I saw there is a hopp on hopp off bus going around but i am not sure if i should hopp on hopp off just anywhere in cape town on my own...
I am German but I live in Luxembourg (yes it's a country).

@Judy: I am not sure whether our paths will cross. My tour only stays in S.A. for a few days and goes directly up to Namibia via Botsuana to Simbabwe and i arrive at the falls on 6 october already.
Anyways, I wish you a wonderful tour!

best,

Janine
janinef

Postby g_traveller_0bd7bae4 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:48 pm

Janine,

I booked our private tour through Viator. They will pick us up from the hotel and return us to the hotel. Supposedly the car we will be in has wi-fi as well. I have used Viator for tours in Dubai and had no problems with them. You could check them out, especially if you want to get down to the Cape of Good Hope nature preserve. If you call Gadventures they can help you with the hotel reservations. Everytime I have called them they have been able to take care of all my questions/requests etc. I am excited to meet you, maybe our paths will cross at the hotel before the tour starts.

Laurie
g_traveller_0bd7bae4

Postby landymike » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:56 am

We (self, partner and sister) are on the DAFD tour from Cape Town to Vic Falls leaving CT on 20 Sept. Will be arriving a couple of days early. Have been to Cape Town, sis hasn't, so will be showing her around.
landymike

Postby g_traveller_0bd7bae4 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:03 pm

Mike,

Will you be staying at the Lady Hamilton before the trip starts? If so maybe Jenna and I could link up with your group for a drink before the action starts.

Laurie.
g_traveller_0bd7bae4

Postby landymike » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:52 am

Hi Laurie.would be good to meet up. We should arrive Cape Town on Sunday afternoon and are staying at Lady Hamilton so will be in the bar later in the afternoon.
Mike
landymike

Postby g_traveller_0bd7bae4 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:41 pm

Mike,

Jenna and I will be arriving on Tuesday the 19th. I would imagine sometime in the late afternoon early evening as long as our flight from Jo'burg isn't delayed. Looking forwarding to meeting you and your crew soon!

Laurie
g_traveller_0bd7bae4

Postby janinef » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:12 pm

Hi everyone!

Didn't check the forum for a while. Are you all packed yet?
Lucky me G still had room for me in the Hamilton hotel as well :) will arrive there on Monday afternoon. Hoping to run into some of you.
I thought of doing a day trip to the cape on Tuesday and sightseeing cape town on Wednesday in case anyone would like to join.
Save travels and see you soon,
Janine
janinef

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge