DWHJ170902 - Highlights of Jordan - September 2, 2017

Meet travelling companions booked on G Adventures trips departing in September

Moderators: jimshu, JaliscoJudy, sinecure, ballu, TravelFun

DWHJ170902 - Highlights of Jordan - September 2, 2017

Postby vivtravels » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:51 pm

Hi,
Just booked this trip!!! Super excited!!! Can't wait!
vivtravels
User Rank: Traveller

Re: DWHJ170902 - Highlights of Jordan - September 2, 2017

Postby beenthere » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:36 pm

Jordan is amazing good luck I no u will luv it imgreen with envy even thou I been
beenthere

Postby vivtravels » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:28 am

beenthere wrote:Jordan is amazing good luck I no u will luv it imgreen with envy even thou I been

lol ... thanks!!! I can't wait!!! Every day of the itinerary sounds amazing!!
vivtravels

Postby dacountryguy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:15 am

Why hello,

Glad to see there are going to be atleast two of us on the tour now. Times a ticking by, ever so slowly.....all the same only 130 days to go now!

Are you just paying a visit to Jordan or are you checking out more of the region?
dacountryguy
User Rank: Weekender

Postby vivtravels » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:05 pm

Hi!!
I'm only doing Jordan... only have 1 week off from work. I'll be missing the welcome meeting since my flight arrives at 11:55 PM .
What about you?
Can't wait!!! Super excited!!
vivtravels

Postby dacountryguy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:28 pm

Awww but the welcome meeting is pretty much the highlight of every trip, I mean it all just goes downhill from there.... Hope when the time comes though your flight is smooth sailing and you pass through the airport and to the hotel in an expediant fashion. I have always had interesting luck coming in the day of.

Silly ole work always getting in the way of fun and adventure. If you only have a week though it's looking like Jordan is a worth while spot. Is there any spot your even more excited to see than the rest?

As for myself Jordan is the kick off to a month and a half whirlwind around. Do the tour in Jordan then pop off to Turkey for a bit. A quick stop in Greece then it is off to Oktoberfest on to Prague-Bratislava-Salzburg from there then a week and change of driving around Iceland. Just getting to the point where I am thinking I should starting doing some research and planning for a couple legs of the trip aside from just booking flights and a bed for Munich but I don't want to get myself too excited too early.
dacountryguy

Postby vivtravels » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:57 pm

I'm totally jealous of your travel plans!!! This will be the 2nd time I miss out on a Welcome Meeting ... 1st time was due to a cancelled flight for my connection, I usually make it to tours that start on a Sunday but this starts on Saturday!!!
I haven't decided what's next for me after Jordan ... I was just in India & Nepal last month, las November in China w/ a 1 night stay in Finland... before I went to Egypt & Turkey ... other countries on my own last year as well ... but work always have to ruin my fun & can't take too many days off! I'm contemplating Hong Kong & Macau for December or maybe Morocco ... haven't booked anything yet since I haven't made my mind up :... I usually like booking things wayyyyy in advanced.
I think I'm looking forward the most for Jordan is Wadi Run & Dead & Red seas ... swimming & floating!!! Besides Petra of course!!
I'll be coming from the USA ... Florida. What about you? I'm Viv!
vivtravels

Postby dacountryguy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:14 am

Well where are my manners. Pleasure to make your aquaintance Viv, I am Ross.

I guess we are equal then because I was feeling a wee bit jealous of your travels the last year. Sounds like you have had a pretty good run there. Guessing you did India & Nepal with G? Who was your tour guide? If you had to choose would you opt for India or Nepal? Where abouts did you roam in China? Having been through Turkey already any tips or places that endured themselves to you ya feel like passing along?

Hong Kong is always a fun time, usually get routed through there and always make sure to leave a bit of time between flights to explore the town. I will say I feel the laser light show is just a little bit over hyped..... Macau is what it is, an asiatic version of vegas with a little bit of colonial history dotted about the island. I did Morocco last year and it'S alright for a shorter visit after a while though it seems everyone just wants to funnel you into the souks which have the same five trinket shops in a nver ending abundance. Heading out to the dunes of Merzouga was fun and the southern bits like Ait Ben Haddou and Essaouira are fun. If I could understand arabic the main square at night in Marrakech is a lively mix of story tellers, acrobats and musicians. Gets a little pushy but just be smart and you can manage. Play it by ear and just hit up whatever is cheapest. There is always next year....

Haha you had me doing a double take at first when I didn't see Petra right off the hop. It really is just a great trip when you look at the itinerary, I just can not see how there is not going to be a great day ever day. Think it is going to be like Egypt that way, where there is always something exciting and different to hold your attention each day.
dacountryguy

Postby vivtravels » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:08 pm

Hey Ross!!! My knowledge of Turkey it only goes as far as Istanbul ... which was beautiful!! Hagia Sofia, Grand Bazar & Spice Markets probably very similar to what u saw in Morocco ... which was very nice too ... Basilica Cistern ... lots of gorgeous Mosques too ... lots of cafes & restaurants w beautiful views.. Hippodrome was great too ... Where in Turkey r u traveling to?
India I did w G Adventures but Nepal I did on my own ... it was an add on to my trip, bonus trip & I wasn't sure if I was gonna get he extra time off from work but I did so I went to Nepal for just 3 days which ended up doing soooo much that felt that I was there for a week!! Totally worth it!! In India my guide was Gaurav & he was great!
China ... I went to Beijing, Xian, Suzhou & ended in Shanghai!! Definitely was an amazing trip! I didn't expect it to be as cold last November but it was freezing for me ... didn't take as many pictures as I would have loved cause too damn cold to take my hands off my pockets!!! LOL compared to the 3,000+ pic I took in India & 1,500 in Nepal!! Which I probably won't look at them again anytime soon !!!
I' did a lot of research on Hong Kong & Macau ... I did realize that Macau is like Las Vegas, but w/ having it so close I would definitely would like to go anyway even though I don't care for gambling I did see they had some interesting cultural sites worth the short ferry ride ...
But I might just save my money & wait for something else next year instead of cramming something last minute during the December holidays & New Year!!
I definitely can't wait for Jordan!!! In Petra, there's a lot of hiking to do so I better get moving & exercise a bit!!! I want to go to the "tea house" hike to see Petra from a mountain top across from it ... I'm sure u know about it ... I injured my left knee so I'm definitely bringing my hiking poles for that hike!
vivtravels

Postby dacountryguy » Fri May 19, 2017 1:08 am

Hey Viv!
Well as long as I get started of right in Istanbul , which sounds like you are saying is a great city to see, I think I should have a good time in Turkey. After Instanbul I am making a loop through the country so, Bolu, Cappadocia region, Konya, Antalya, Kekova, Kas, Pamukkale, Selcuk, Ayvalik, Canakkale and Gallipoli. Then off to Greece.

Nicw! Sounds like you made the most of it in Nepal. I really enjoyed myself there and need to head back to do some of the great hiking treks they have.

Haha yeha I could imagine how come November the weather is a little chiller in those areas of China compared to the tip of Florida. Sounds like you are quite the shutter bug though, you might give me a run for my money, what do you shoot?

Macau is worth paying a visit to if only for a day if you do not care to gamble. There are some fun and interesting streets packed with little kiosks around the old Portuguese ruins worth spending some time wondering.

I did not know about the tea house. I wish I hadn't just googled the tea house in Petra......It is going to make the next 106 days soooooo painful to watch pass. All the same I am up for a quick hike up to see the sight.
dacountryguy

Postby vivtravels » Sun May 21, 2017 4:03 pm

Hey Ross,
Cappadocia looks like a beautiful place!! Definitely in my list of places to see in Turkey 🇹🇷. R u doing the Hot Air Balloon ride there?? Seems like a must activity! R u doing the Turkey tour w G Adventures as well?
I checked our tour date a few days ago & there was only 1 remaining space!
Amazing views from Petra's Tea House huh!!! Yup! Can't wait for that hike!
I like taking lots of pictures of architecture, nature, every day like ... don't have a profesional camera at all ... use my phone & a regular small digital camera ... but I enjoy capturing moments!
I still have nothing concrete for December ... I'll figure it out after Jordan 🇯🇴!
I'm actually in Mexico now .... came for the weekend to visit some friends & im sitting at the airport waiting for my return flight... killing time!
Trip is getting closer & I just feel unprepared!!
vivtravels

Return to September