EBC 170820 everest base camp trip 20th august

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: jimshu, JaliscoJudy, sinecure, ballu, TravelFun

EBC 170820 everest base camp trip 20th august

Postby patwagstaffe » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:33 pm

Howdo, I'm booked on the above trip, just gradually gathering info' together. I spoke to a mate who's been ,about kit, he reckons cheap gear like sleeping bags is available in Kathmandu- possibly Lukla too. It's my first trip with G although ive travelled via STA before .
Does anybody know if G adventures or STA will give more substantial information about (eg) sleeping bag tog required or cost of food en route etc etc. I've got sense and am fit enough but womder if ive got to chase up info all the time .
Cheers, Wag
patwagstaffe
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: EBC 170820 everest base camp trip 20th august

Postby g_traveller_66b482ff » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:55 pm

Hola,

Karlijn from the Netherlands here! I think we are the only two who have found out about this forum, took me a while as well... Have you found the information you were looking for? I was able to get most of it from the itinerary and the tour details on the website.

A question from my side (for if anyone may read this): I will be one day early in Kathmandu (19th of August), anyone else who will also be in Kathmandu already? :)

See you in a few days,
Karlijn
g_traveller_66b482ff

Postby patwagstaffe » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:11 pm

Hi Karlijn , I've got most things now(I hope), but will rent sleeping bags, I assume they're cleaned ! It looks like we will get wet so have bought Goretex for the first time in my life. We arrive on 20th, about 16.00 so will be rushing around .I'm struggling to check in with jet airways currently .
patwagstaffe

Postby patwagstaffe » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:06 am

We got back on sunday . The tour was absolutely wonderful. Because we went in late august, the trail was empty, we also had very good weather and only gotwet through on the last afternoon . Everybody with a sense of adventure should do it- it's fairly hard though .
patwagstaffe

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge