taking a private jet!

If it's not related to travel it goes here.

Moderators: jimshu, JaliscoJudy, sinecure, ballu, TravelFun

taking a private jet!

Postby g_traveller_c350be94 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:36 am

Hey folks!

Was wondering if anyone had ever thought about a private jet? I've been SO unhappy with commercial airlines lately :( Ryanair, Air Berlin, Monarch... they've all been very untrustworthy and make flying far more stressful than it needs to be (and I don't like flying that much to begin with). To get overseas quickly, we're really at the mercy of these annoying airlines :/ It crossed my mind to take a private flight one day, but never really thought about how much they are, or perhaps if it's possible to do it with other people, like a taxi :D

Thoughts?
g_traveller_c350be94
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: taking a private jet!

Postby IncaTrail50 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:13 pm

I think a private jet would be prohibitively expensive! I fly a lot and haven't found any problems. I travel only with carry-on so don't usually run into extra fees, etc. Overseas flights generally include one free bag and a couple of meals. Internal flights in Canada don't include food typically. but I've found flights in other countries sometimes do even if they are short haul ones.
When the winds of change begin to blow some people build walls. Others build windmills.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Postby going-solo » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:59 am

I can't afford to fly business class! I don't think I'll be flying by private jet any time soon :lol: :lol:

going-solo
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Postby ExplorerWannaBe » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:32 pm

There are services available where you can catch a ride on small private jets as they reposition (some are even affordable!) but they're almost always going to be intra-continental due to range limitations. I really haven't had problems with major airlines like ANA, Lufthansa, Delta, United, etc., especially when I treat the airline employees like the human beings they are.
ExplorerWannaBe
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby g_traveller_c350be94 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:56 am

ExplorerWannaBe wrote:There are services available where you can catch a ride on small private jets as they reposition (some are even affordable!) but they're almost always going to be intra-continental due to range limitations. I really haven't had problems with major airlines like ANA, Lufthansa, Delta, United, etc., especially when I treat the airline employees like the human beings they are.

Ah okay, so those small private jets you mentioned, where do you find them? I've heard of JetApp as a new player on the scene, but not sure if it was what you're thinking of. In the future, if the area I want to visit is quite remote and it might take a commercial plane > train > walk >bus >taxi > walk to get there, then I'd probably consider private if the price was right :) The employees are often fine in the major airlines, but I've never liked the way they handle delayed/canceled flights. I know it's hard for everyone, but it shouldn't be the case that we're treated so badly when having to wait 4-5 hours in often terrible airports :/
g_traveller_c350be94

Return to Off-topic