Prices in AUS$ missing?

If it's not related to travel it goes here.

Moderators: jimshu, JaliscoJudy, sinecure, ballu, TravelFun

Prices in AUS$ missing?

Postby g_traveller_52584d79 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:02 am

I don't seem to be able to view trip prices in Australian dollars any more. Has this changed and now prices are only available in $US? Or am I just not looking in the right place? :?

Thanks for any help
g_traveller_52584d79
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Prices in AUS$ missing?

Postby Graybeard » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:10 pm

Here's a long shot idea - if by any chance you are using a VPN whose server is located in the US, the G prices will show in $USD. And, annoying enough, the trip cost may actually be MORE expensive than Canadian or Australian dollars (with the exchange rates accounted for, of course.) Yes, that's right, The American cousins get charged more by G. Sigh. :evil:
Graybeard
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer

Postby sundoro » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:43 pm

Its working fine for me. As Greybeard says, it must be something to do with the way you are accessing the site.
sundoro
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Postby lj. » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:25 pm

Lately I have found that the website can never figure out what country I am in.
Right now, on the home screen I get prices in USD, when I search trips I get prices in SA Rand, and on the travel deals page I see Euros (and I'm in Canada!!)

The phone number at the top keeps changing as well as I click through the site--it started as 1888, then it started with 0344, then 0826, then 010

And I'm logged into the site so it should know who I am and what country I'm from.
lj.
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Postby Janice08 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:12 pm

lj. wrote:Lately I have found that the website can never figure out what country I am in.
Right now, on the home screen I get prices in USD, when I search trips I get prices in SA Rand, and on the travel deals page I see Euros (and I'm in Canada!!)

The phone number at the top keeps changing as well as I click through the site--it started as 1888, then it started with 0344, then 0826, then 010

And I'm logged into the site so it should know who I am and what country I'm from.

I've noticed the same thing.
Janice08

Postby IncaTrail50 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Apparently you're travelling the world from the comfort of home :lol: :lol:
When the winds of change begin to blow some people build walls. Others build windmills.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Postby brad.fraser » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:20 pm

g_traveller_52584d79 wrote:I don't seem to be able to view trip prices in Australian dollars any more. Has this changed and now prices are only available in $US? Or am I just not looking in the right place? :?

Thanks for any help

I've had the same problem. Also from AUS, and when viewing tours while not logged into my account the prices displayed have been in US. Not all the time, but every now and then. Also not using a VPN or other location altering software.
brad.fraser

Return to Off-topic