Trail recommendation anyone?

If it's not related to travel it goes here.

Moderators: jimshu, JaliscoJudy, sinecure, ballu, TravelFun

Trail recommendation anyone?

Postby g_traveller_ff7c932b » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:56 pm

I have a project, we will be shooting some jeeps that are loaded with truck part and accessories. Our problem is the venue. Can some one suggest a venue that has rough and rugged terrain for pictorial? Thanks in advance.
g_traveller_ff7c932b
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Trail recommendation anyone?

Postby IncaTrail50 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:22 pm

You'll need to narrow it down to a country before we can make suggestions :wink:
When the winds of change begin to blow some people build walls. Others build windmills.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Re: Trail recommendation anyone?

Postby ExplorerWannaBe » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:28 pm

Rough and rugged terrain? You can get a lot of that in the American Southwest and Northwest. I would also nominate some of the terrain around Queenstown or Wellington in New Zealand or Flinders Ranges in Australia. The Australian Outback has some great stretches that require rugged vehicles but the problem is a lot of the tougher country (e.g., Coober Pedy) is flat and not as interesting visually. Uluru is always a compelling backdrop.

Waimea Canyon on Kauai or Volcanoes National Park on the Big Island of Hawaii are also great photographic or videographic backdrops.

There are mountain trails around Gangwon province in South Korea that are both rugged (stream crossings) and visually interesting while being a mere 30-60 minutes from town. The only problem there is you'll want to shoot in the morning while air is clear -- by afternoon it gets pretty hazy with humidity in the air and in winter there's a lot of haze from the coal stoves still used for heating and cooking (or was ... it's been over a decade since I was there).

In the UK, I like the mountain regions in northern Scotland and it looks like there are some great backdrops in Wales.

If you've ever watched "Top Gear", the segment where they traverse Argentina to go down to Ushuaia shows some fantastic terrain, very compelling visually.

So as IncaTrail50 says, you'll have to narrow down to the country -- or at least continent -- you're interested in before we can get more specific.
ExplorerWannaBe
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Return to Off-topic