Travel Insurance for Antarctica Trip

Famous for its enormous icebergs, towering glaciers and shimmering summer light, Antarctica offers some of the planet's most awe inspiring landscapes. The North Atlantic and Arctic evoke images of sparse snow covered lands, but when summer comes it bursts with colour and life.

Moderators: jimshu, JaliscoJudy, sinecure, ballu, TravelFun

Travel Insurance for Antarctica Trip

Postby g_traveller_14aaabca » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:38 am

This may have been asked many times before, but I cannot see any recent posts which cover my question.
We have booked The Spirit of Shackleton trip in January 2019 & I am trying to find a travel insurance which will give good cover & also cover for cancellation. As the trip will cost more than the usual cover of £10,000.00, can anyone recommend a company which will cover more than this sum?

Thanks for any help
g_traveller_14aaabca
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Travel Insurance for Antarctica Trip

Postby TravelFun » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:22 am

I'm with Insure And Go and they provide good cover... do check them out and see if it suits you. Another option is to call G directly and compare their offer.
DO THE RIGHT THING ...all the time, every time!
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

TravelFun

Re: Travel Insurance for Antarctica Trip

Postby g_traveller_14aaabca » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:14 am

Thank you - I will look into both. As I booked the trip through Trailfinders, for some reason G Adventures cannot give me an insurance quote without permission from Trailfinders, so I am sorting this out.
Thanks again
g_traveller_14aaabca

Return to Antarctica, Arctic and North Atlantic