Must see in China?

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: jimshu, JaliscoJudy, sinecure, ballu, TravelFun

Must see in China?

Postby misskitty680 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:35 pm

I'll be doing the China Express tour in March 2018 and have about 6 days stay after before I fly out from Beijing. My question for anyone who has been to China, where should I go and what should I see in my extra six days? I was thinking maybe Hong Kong or Shaolin? Any advice?
misskitty680
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Must see in China?

Postby g_traveller_cc54e617 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:32 am

Hong Kong is great, but its just another city. China is an amazing country with so much more to see than just the cities, but i guess it depends on what you are into. Yangshuo and Guilin are amazing for scenery etc, Chengdu has the pandas and the Leshan Buddha isnt too far, Xi'an has the Terracotta Army and Mount Huashan (wooden plank bridges suspended 1000's of feet in the air), then theres Zhangjiajie (the world of Pandora in the film Avatar was based on this national park). Zhangjiajie is incredible and you could easily spend 5 days here and still not see and do it all. If you are going to visit one place id definately recommend Zhangjiajie over everywhere else.

China is an amazing country, enjoy!
g_traveller_cc54e617
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Re: Must see in China?

Postby kath196 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:06 pm

Hi,
I recommend Xian and a Yangtze river cruise.
I didn't see chengdu (pandas) but lots of people might suggest that too.
I went via Shanghai, but that was just a city and not really my choice as such (cheap flights home though)
kath196
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Return to Asia