Cambodia and Vietnam Dec-Jan

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: jimshu, JaliscoJudy, sinecure, ballu, TravelFun

Cambodia and Vietnam Dec-Jan

Postby g_traveller_e9fd6c0e » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:16 pm

Hey :)

I am doing the Cambodia and Vietnam on a shoestring in late Dec to early Jan amd wondered what I can expect weather wise?
g_traveller_e9fd6c0e
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Re: Cambodia and Vietnam Dec-Jan

Postby lanacoetzee » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:20 am

Hi there,

I'm doing the same tour in a couple of months time..
I was just wondering approximately how much money did you budget for activities and basic spending money?

Thanks

Lana
lanacoetzee
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby g_traveller_9a91e709 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:01 am

This time of the year you can expect a great (hot) weather in Cambodia and South Vietnam. In the central Vietnam it will be around +15 (Hoi An), up North it's really cold, can be atound +4-5 in Hanoi.
g_traveller_9a91e709

Postby g_traveller_3e9b1919 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:35 pm

I was in Cambodia (Siem Riep and Phnom Penh) and Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City) in January 2015 with another tour group, The day time temperatures in Cambodia in January can get up to 40 degrees Centigrade, so you'll need to pace yourself. On one of the days that we were in Cambodia, I got a heat headache. So, I ended up taking a nap in the a/c hotel while the rest of the group went on a river cruise. By the time it was dinner, I had recovered from my heat headache.

In Ho Chi Minh City, the temperatures in January will be between 22-30 degrees Centigrade in January. Enjoy your trip!
g_traveller_3e9b1919

Postby g_traveller_bd62ab8e » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:52 am

If you will trip to Vietnam Dec-Jan, I suggest you should trip to vietnam on Feb (or Vietnamese's Tet holiday) It's an intersting experience.
g_traveller_bd62ab8e

Postby g_traveller_aaaf36cf » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:34 am

Hi I am interested in booking this trip for late December to Jan but can't confirm my vacation days until mid September. When do seats start filling up and becoming full?
g_traveller_aaaf36cf

Postby ballu » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:07 am

Hi I am interested in booking this trip for late December to Jan but can't confirm my vacation days until mid September. When do seats start filling up and becoming full?

It really varies trip to trip and departure date to departure date. I usually keep a close on the 'spaces available' for my preferred departure date, when it gets down to 4 or so, you're going to want to book. If you have to wait a month and it's running low on spots, you might want to have a couple of backup dates just in case. If you call the company, they may be able to hold a spot for you for a short period of time...but probably not for a full month.
EMBRACE THE BIZARRE
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list

If you never get lost, you never get found

ballu

Return to Asia