Bangkok day trips

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: jimshu, JaliscoJudy, sinecure, ballu, TravelFun

Bangkok day trips

Postby renesaunce » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:23 am

Is it better to sign up for day trips in advance or when you get there? And if I have 5 nights in Bangkok, should I do more than 2 days of day trips?
renesaunce
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Bangkok day trips

Postby kateyb » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:13 am

I would wait until you get there to sign up for the day trips. Bangkok is a great city with lots to do, I would only do two days of day trips when there
kateyb
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer

Postby g_traveller_401e7f71 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:01 pm

I would wait until you get there before you go booking up 5 days worth of activities. From what I've heard from friends and from off the internet, is that Bangkok is a little like Marmite. You either hate it or love it. Chances are when you get there you will want to get straight out of there. I have a 5+ week trip to Thailand in October and I will only be staying the 1 night in bangkok because I'll be going back to Bangkok another 2 times along my travels
g_traveller_401e7f71

Postby TravelFun » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:07 pm

Agree with all, wait until you get there and see how you feel with the place. Maybe take a tour on the first day to get familiar with the place and you'll have a chance to ask the guide any questions. If you feel comfortable then venture out yourself one day and maybe book another trip later.

Happy Travels!
DO THE RIGHT THING ...all the time, every time!
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

TravelFun

Return to Asia