Trip Suggestions

Share traveling tips with other travellers.

Moderators: jimshu, JaliscoJudy, sinecure, ballu, TravelFun

Trip Suggestions

Postby firemom » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:11 am

ey everyone... I know this will probably open a can of worms (everyone has their own opinion) but I would like some suggestions on where I should go on my next adventure. Here are some background tidbits of info....
1. I am a 44 year old female from Canada
2. I love the outdoors and being active
3. Have previously done Everest Base camp and Mont Blanc trek, both of which I fully enjoyed!!
4. My 16 year old daughter will be graduating high school next june (2018) and she wants to come with me (she always wants to go). SHe is very athletic and adventurous!!

Please give me some suggestions as to where and what time of year is a good time to go based on your own personal experience...
I am having a hard time pinning down where we should go!!! I am looking at Annapurna Circuit, but am open to anywhere!!!

Thanks
Toni
Everest Base Camp April 2016
Mont Blanc June 2017
What's next??????
firemom
User Rank: Adventurer

Re: Trip Suggestions

Postby going-solo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:18 pm

I did the New Zealand Best of the North Island last year (https://www.gadventures.com/trips/new-z ... land/3385/) and loved it! It is however a Yolo trip, which means it has an age limit, but there are quite a few other New Zealand trips which you could try such as the New Zealand North Island Multi Sport (https://www.gadventures.com/trips/new-z ... port/ONNA/)

going-solo
User Rank: Nomad

Postby sundoro » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:15 am

Go to Indonesia, there is an amazing range of things to see from the fabulous culture and temples of Bali, to live volcanoes and and ancient historic sites in Java.
sundoro

Postby IncaTrail50 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:53 pm

We took our daughter on the Inca Trail hike when she graduated from university. It was a challenging hike, and lots of time along the way to enjoy each other's company!
When the winds of change begin to blow some people build walls. Others build windmills.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Postby g_traveller_422edf9d » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:31 am

I would love be to do the Annapurna circuit too!!! However June can be pretty rainy in Nepal.....Ill throw the https://www.gadventures.com.au/trips/be ... stan/AZKK/ tour out there as it's up there on my list at the moment :) not sure if the tour hikes but I know there's amazing hikes there....

Or cycle Vietnam? Super hot in June not sure how that would go for Canadians! Might be a shock and ruin your time as it's hot for me and I'm Australian :) best of luck chooseing :)
g_traveller_422edf9d
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby andrea2121 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:39 pm

Umm, it does get hot here in Canada too...but at least our igloos have built-in air conditioning :roll: The sled dogs and moose might find it a bit 'shocking', but the rest of us Canucks can handle the heat just fine :P
andrea2121

Postby g_traveller_d45987b2 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:24 am

Thailand and Cambodia are good choice. Phuket is an very exciting island where it has so many outdoor activities, such as Bungee. In Cambodia, there are so many interests like temple, mountain.
But if want to stay for a a bit more time, China is the best choice. But pay attention, don't have your meal in the tourist it's truly much more expensive than the place around.
g_traveller_d45987b2

Postby g_traveller_d45987b2 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:54 am

Don't forget to take your power adapter if you come to Asia countries.
g_traveller_d45987b2

Return to Travel Tips