Cape Town, Falls & Kruger Adventure

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: jimshu, JaliscoJudy, sinecure, ballu, TravelFun

Cape Town, Falls & Kruger Adventure

Postby g_traveller_180c978e » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:07 pm

Hello,

I am looking at booking the Cape Town, Falls & Kruger Adventure for July 2017.

I was wondering if anyone has been on this and has any recommendations/tips?

Hope it's as amazing as it sounds!!

Thank you :)
g_traveller_180c978e
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Cape Town, Falls & Kruger Adventure

Postby mathislife22 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:25 pm

I did this trip in 2015 and it was amazing!! The one thing that comes to mind that I would've like to know ahead of time is about combining trips. I've done loads of G adventures trips before and you often have people coming and going which is fine but since I was going on the longest trip out of everyone I didn't think about it. But what actually happens when you're in vic falls is you join another group. There is a trip that goes from joburg to vic falls and back to joburg. So there are people who have been on this trip for a week together, then us coming from our trip and new people joining so that was a bit weird. We also switched guides to the one on the joburg-joburg trip so it was all a bit strange with sort of two groups and new people coming together.

There's a lot of long drive days so just make sure you're prepared for that. Also on most of the long drive days we didn't stop unless someone asked to. And when we stopped it was usually on the side of the road... Having been in south america before and I do some hiking I don't mind squatting but if you're not used to that you may need to prepare yourself mentally... But do make sure you have toilet paper and hand sanitizer!! Our guide usually had these but I always made sure I had a supply as well.

The camp sites are all quite nice and you get a mattress pad to sleep on so sleeping on the ground isn't a problem. Kruger is definitely the best safari place so it was sort of a build up as the trip went as some of the places in namibia and botswana are not as good for seeing animals, but Kruger is really great.

Also theyre updating some of the trucks but I enjoyed our older truck better. We had an updated truck for the last week, I'm not sure if theyve switched out their whole fleet. So you may get a truck that really feels like a bus or you may get a truck that really feels like a safari vehicle.

If you have any other questions ask away!! I had an amazing time.
mathislife22
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Postby 916cd63c13573e62cbfa0f736fc059 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:13 pm

I'm doing this trip in November. Did you do any of the add-on's in Cape Town? I'm thinking about getting there a day early and doing either the Table Mountain Hike or the Peninsula Tour the day I get there and then the other once I join the group. Which did most people do?
916cd63c13573e62cbfa0f736fc059

Postby g_traveller_b7273eb1 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:21 am

Hey I am doing this trip too (by myself ) where are you from ? X
g_traveller_b7273eb1

Postby 916cd63c13573e62cbfa0f736fc059 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:52 am

I'm doing it alone as well. I'm from Canada, 32 yrs, female. Yourself? Are you getting to the hotel earlier than when the trip starts?
916cd63c13573e62cbfa0f736fc059

Postby sprinter » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:26 pm

If you are getting there early I suggest that you sign up for a tour to the Peninsula Tour. There are either private tours or group tours. I would suggest you organize a private tour if you can afford it. We did one and it gave us the flexibility to spend as much or as little time at each location. It also gave us the option of adding additional stops during our tour.
sprinter
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Postby g_traveller_b7273eb1 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:10 pm

Hey I am from England and I'm 25 year old female I'm really scared lol , I meet the tour on the 29th of October and the airport I land in is Cape Town at 18.30 will you be landing at the same airport ? X
g_traveller_b7273eb1

Postby allanc » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:18 pm

Anyone doing the National Geographic trip from Joburg , Kruger, Falls etc. starting September 16th?
allanc

Postby ballu » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:24 pm

Please use our departure lounge section to find fellow travellers:

https://wateringhole.gadventures.com/viewforum.php?f=69
EMBRACE THE BIZARRE
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list

If you never get lost, you never get found

ballu