Sydney Bridge Climb

Discover the Alpine scenery, great walks and Maori culture of New Zealand. Learn about ancient aboriginal cultures, remote islands, endemic wildlife, vast deserts and stunning beaches of Australia. Delve into the diverse islands, peoples, landscapes and festivals of the paradise known as the South Pacific.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Sydney Bridge Climb

Postby karebear » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:50 am

Hello Everyone,
I am debating about booking the Sydney Bridge Climb while I am there in April. Has anyone done this before or have any opinions about it. I know it is a once in a lifetime experience and I'd like to try it, but I'm wondering If people felt quite safe on it or if it meant to be a little bit more nerve racking (for lack of a better word)? I realize that is a bit vague, but any input would help.
Also, I was thinking of booking an evening tour. Does anyone have a suggestion on the best time to go? I just don't want to go in the middle of the day when it is super hot.
Thanks! :D
karebear
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Sydney Bridge Climb

Postby kcupp95 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:36 pm

Do it!!!! Haven't done it personally, but am Australian and its one of the top tourist attractions in the country.

It's not really that hot in April, so at guess it depends if you want to see Sydney by day, by sunset or at night with all the lights on?

You're strapped onto a safety wire and over 2.7 million people have already done it, so it can't be that nerve wracking hehe :)
kcupp95
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby Janice08 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:53 pm

I haven't done it, haven't even been to Australia, but my Father did it a couple of years ago at 85! And he lived to tell the tale. Go for it if you have the chance.
Janice08
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Postby desiree2 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:53 am

Hi
My daughter and her husband did the climb. It's very safe. You're hooked onto the rail of the bridge so you can't fall or anything. Probably not a good idea for anyone afraid of heights, but don't worry about it not being safe. I think that sunset/evening tours would be the most popular, so you may have to book ahead.
Enjoy!
Desiree
desiree2
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer

Postby karebear » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:38 pm

Thanks everyone! I signed up for the early twilight climb :D
karebear

Return to New Zealand, Australia & the South Pacific