Everest Base Camp Trek April 7th 2013

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Everest Base Camp Trek April 7th 2013

Postby laf33 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:42 pm

Is anyone else booked on this tour?

Lynette
laf33
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Everest Base Camp Trek April 7th 2013

Postby ipdan10 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:45 pm

Hi,
I'm Dan from Virginia in the USA.
I'll be on the trip. This one has been on the top of my list for awhile. I did the Annapurna Base Camp trek in 2011.
ipdan10
User Rank: Weekender

Postby laf33 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:39 pm

Hey!

This has been a dream of mine...can't wait! First time to Nepal for me. I was starting to think I'd be the only one on this tour...so it's great to hear from you Dan :) I arrive a day earlier on the 6th April, how about you?

Lynette
laf33

Postby ipdan10 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:27 am

Hi, I also plan to arrive on April 6, around 11am. I like to get a start on getting time acclimated. I'll hang out in Katmandu all day and get to bed at the normal time. Yes I expect that this trip is full and includes 15 people from all around the world. Where are you from? In the past, in my experiences a lot of people don't seem to use the Wateringhole for some of the trips.. This has been a dream trip for me too. I had planned it a year ago but one of the people going was having a mile-stone birthday and she wanted to go to Annapurna instead, so we went there. I had a wonderful time in Nepal. I had also used GAdventure for the Inca trail and was happy with them. Have you used GAdventure for other trips?
ipdan10

Postby laf33 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi again, I arrive around 7pm on the 6th, I've got a transfer booked & will be staying at the same hotel as the meeting place. I've recently moved to Dubai from the UK, I'm originally from a little town in South Wales in the UK. This will be my first trip with GAdventures, I've also booked China on a shoestring tour in May....two countries I've always wanted to visit!! I'll be travelling alone, hence why i booked through GAdventures so I'd be in a group & want to meet new people from around the world. Are you travelling alone also? Can't believe it's 3 weeks tomorrow!!
laf33

Postby ipdan10 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:47 pm

Hi, Now only 2 more weeks! I am so envious of your trip, China next. Very cool! China is near the top of my list. On the morning of the 7th I plan to visit Durbar Square. Do you have plans before the group meeting? Yes I am traveling alone but I do hope to make 15 or more new friends :) That is one of the best parts of the trips / treks.
ipdan10

Postby laf33 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:34 am

Hey again! Only 6 days now :) I have no plans in the day before the group meeting & of also like to go to Durbar Square, so if I could tag along with u that'd be great :) i was a bit worried about walking the streets of kathmandu alone! Did u say you're staying in the same hotel as the group meet up in the Fuji/Fiji? Yeh I can't wait for my china trip also, these have been 2 countries iv wanted to visit for a long time :) been longing to walk on the Great Wall of china! Are u on Facebook by any chance?
laf33

Postby ipdan10 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:58 pm

Hi, sorry for not answering sooner so I don't know if you will get this or not. I would be happy for company to visit the square. I'll just plan to meet you in the hotel lobby, yes the same as the adventure, on Sunday morning around 9. Right now i am in Doha Qatar on the layover to KTM. You really wouldn't have a problem walking the streets alone. The people in Nepal are great. You just need to watch out for taxis, cows and motorbikes. In about that order depending on where you are in Katmandu. :D my name is Dan. I am on Facebook but don't want to put my email on the watering hole site. See you then if you get this.
ipdan10

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge