Volcano Trail Information

Central American volcanoes, cities and markets; Mexican Mayan history and Caribbean beaches and rainforests.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Volcano Trail Information

Postby nburgess31 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:36 pm

Hi everyone,

I just finished the Volcano Trail yesterday and thought my summary of this trip might help:
http://nathanburgessinsights.com/2013/0 ... ighlights/

The are lots of highlights on this tour, accommodation is really good, G now have a Homestay at Ometepe which is excellent as you now stay on the beach and interact with locals.

Our CEO was Gabo Quiros who has lots of passion and takes a real hands on and one on one approach to helping you do want you wmt to achieve. Super tour with only downside being the long distances you travel.

I did this tour as part of the Mexico and Central America wider tour and I'm now moving onto the last leg the Panama Experience.
nburgess31
User Rank: Traveller

Re: Volcano Trail Information

Postby laslade » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:11 pm

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for sharing your adventure! It looks amazing!!! My boyfriend and I will be going on this tour in September and can hardly wait! We did the Mayan Encounter (Antigua - Playa del Carmen) last year.

Lauren.
laslade
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby nburgess31 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:13 pm

Lauren I hope you have fun I know I did. The homestay at Ometepe is a real highlight, the common area with hammocks overlooking the lake / beach is a great way to end each day. If you have any questions just let me know.
nburgess31

Postby kate malster » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:34 am

Just had a look at your pics. Im doing the longer mayan adventure 22 days in July. What activities do you recommend? there are so many of them and i want to make sure i do all the cool stuff.
Thanks
kate malster
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Postby nburgess31 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:03 pm

kate malster wrote:Just had a look at your pics. Im doing the longer mayan adventure 22 days in July. What activities do you recommend? there are so many of them and i want to make sure i do all the cool stuff.
Thanks

Okay Kate you have an awesome trip coming up.

I would recommend the following activities:
- Merida: The cenotes are awesome but so is even getting to them on the mini railway cart pulled by a donkey.
- Palenque: The ruins are vast, go early and try to keep cool. Make sure you buy water from on of the vendors outside. Enjoy the hippie campsite as well.
- San Cristóbal de las Casas: Sumidero Canyon
- Flores: Tikal Ruins (the best Mayan Ruins IMHO)
- San Ignacio: Actun Tunichil Muknal - while hard you can't miss this activity.
- Caye Caulker: Snorkelling you will see turtles, sharks and stingrays

These are the things I would not miss. Have fun.
nburgess31

Return to Central America, Mexico & Caribbean