Mayan Adventure - CAM

Central American volcanoes, cities and markets; Mexican Mayan history and Caribbean beaches and rainforests.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Mayan Adventure - CAM

Postby readingfcboi » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:12 pm

Hello,

I have recently booked to go on the Mayan Adventure tour, has anyone else been on this tour and got any tips?

Also would be great to hear from anyone else thinking/doing the same tour as me in July.

Thanks in advance :D
readingfcboi
User Rank: Weekender

Re: Mayan Adventure - CAM

Postby kate malster » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:54 pm

Hi
I am doin g the mayan adventure departing 27 July. My friend has travelled mexico and looked at the tour and said it is a trip of a life time and this tour goes to all the good places! Yay i am so excited too ! :D
kate malster

Postby readingfcboi » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:22 pm

Hey,

Shame we arent on the same trip. It looks like you start your trip as mine comes to an end.

Enjoy the trip! 8)
readingfcboi

Postby kate malster » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:38 pm

You too ! Was going to do earlier in the month but then the end of July one came up on special saving NZD $400 so i took advantage of it ! Would love to keep in touch to compare notes. In antiguia really want to see those cliff divers....google that and see what you think. Famous !
kate malster

Postby readingfcboi » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:17 pm

That's a really good deal. The cliff divers look amazing. I just can't wait to get snorkeling in the sea and see all the amazing sea life.
readingfcboi

Postby kate malster » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:29 am

I have just had a look at the full itenary (if you havent found it yet click on the tour then click on Before You Go). Tells you travelling times for each day and also what activities are on offer. There is so much to do ! will need a holiday from this holiday when i get home. Will be exhausted. feel free to email me kjmalster@hotmail.com would love to keep in touch esp after you have done your tour to see how you found it. :D
kate malster

Postby jessparker » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:02 pm

Hey

I'm about to book onto the tour starting 3rd August - looks amazing, bit concerned about it being technically hurricane season but fingers crossed weather will be good and will be lucky!

Anyone else thinking about a tour in August? :D
jessparker
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby Janice08 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:04 pm

It sounds like a great trip and I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time but the Antigua mentioned in the itinerary is in Guatemala (and no-where near the ocean) so you won't be seeing any cliff diving there. The pictures you've seen are from the Island of Antigua in the Carribean. However, you can hike up an active volcano in Antigua, Guatemala. And if you have a craving for "western" food go to McDonald's in Antigua. Its unlike any McDonalds you have ever been to - in a good way.

I was in Costa Rica last August and before hand I had been worried about it being rainy season and hurricane season as well. To my pleasant surprise we had less rain than when I had been there in December a year and a half before. Other than September and October, the rainy season typically means is rains for a few hours each day in Central America and its generally warm enough that you don't care. However, no guarantees that this year will be "typical".
Janice08
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Postby redadmiral » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:48 pm

Do you have to have a good level of fitness for this trip? I'm not very fit and want to enjoy it all.
redadmiral

Postby Fieter » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:50 am

I did the trip last year (in March) and it is GREAT. Am jealous of everyone still looking out for the trip! :lol:
As to fit-levels, I'm 44 now and of average fitness and I was fine doing everything. The volcano-hike is a bit steep, but that is for everyone... you just need to find your own pace, and also bear in mind that the first part IS the hardest (I think they do that on purpose so you would pay for a horse or a donkey to carry you up :D ).
Volcano-hike, caving and of course the snorkeling are definite highlights, next to palenque! Ow, and every other day... sigh... good memories...
Fieter
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Postby etaylor » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:59 am

Hey
I think i'm on the same tour as you... arriving in Antigua of 5th July then going through belize to mexico?
xx
etaylor

Postby ballu » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:03 pm

Please use our departure lounge to find fellow travellers:

viewforum.php?f=69
EMBRACE THE BIZARRE
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list

If you never get lost, you never get found