AVEV130716: Essential Vietnam and Cambodia - July 16, 2013

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

AVEV130716: Essential Vietnam and Cambodia - July 16, 2013

Postby avonord » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:16 pm

Just signed up to this tour. Anybody else?
Last edited by avonord on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
User avatar
avonord
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:51 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: AVEV130716 - Essential Vietnam and Cambodia

Postby skywriter » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:30 pm

I am considering this one :D
skywriter
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: AVEV130716 - Essential Vietnam and Cambodia

Postby avonord » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:03 pm

Hey.. hope you join us. :) Can't wait for some authentic Vietnamese pho. My friend just came back from HCM, and he said the pho at this one well known noodle shop is to die for.
Image
User avatar
avonord
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:51 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: AVEV130716 - Essential Vietnam and Cambodia

Postby avonord » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:26 pm

Wow. The tour on this date is now fully booked.
Image
User avatar
avonord
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:51 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: AVEV130716: Essential Vietnam and Cambodia - July 16, 20

Postby salbinson » Mon May 27, 2013 9:27 am

going on the 30th July, can't wait, will be in Hanoi for a few days before too, in total in Asia for 32 days as going to Chiang mei and then Southern delights tour.
salbinson
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 7:43 am

Re: AVEV130716: Essential Vietnam and Cambodia - July 16, 20

Postby avonord » Tue May 28, 2013 10:49 am

salbinson wrote:going on the 30th July, can't wait, will be in Hanoi for a few days before too, in total in Asia for 32 days as going to Chiang mei and then Southern delights tour.


Yea... can't wait here neither. I'm going to spend few days in Hanoi few days before, at Bangkok few days after, and then lay over in Seoul for a few days before heading home.

I posted my google maps of Hanoi and Bangkok in the Asia forum that you may want to get some ideas on where to eat. I did some research on that front.
Image
User avatar
avonord
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:51 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

AVEV130709:Vietnam and Cambodia - July 09, 2013

Postby tomo458 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:45 am

Hi to all
My friend and me are looking forward to our trip to Vietnam & cambodia, on the 09 july 2013. I was wondering if there are any other travelers booked on the same trip, who would like to chat and get to know us . :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
tomo458
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:51 am

Re: AVEV130716: Essential Vietnam and Cambodia - July 16, 20

Postby avonord » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:15 am

tomo458 wrote:Hi to all
My friend and me are looking forward to our trip to Vietnam & cambodia, on the 09 july 2013. I was wondering if there are any other travelers booked on the same trip, who would like to chat and get to know us . :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Hi, Tomo! I haven't found anyone traveling on the same date yet. My tour is on the 16th but I'll be in hanoi on the 13th. What's your travel plan?
Image
User avatar
avonord
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:51 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: AVEV130716: Essential Vietnam and Cambodia - July 16, 20

Postby tomo458 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:05 am

avonord wrote:
tomo458 wrote:Hi to all
My friend and me are looking forward to our trip to Vietnam & cambodia, on the 09 july 2013. I was wondering if there are any other travelers booked on the same trip, who would like to chat and get to know us . :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Hi, Tomo! I haven't found anyone traveling on the same date yet. My tour is on the 16th but I'll be in hanoi on the 13th. What's your travel plan?


We are traveling and arrive on the 7th our tour starts on the 9th. we was told originally that later on, our tour will get other members of a different group join us. in cambodia.
tomo458
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:51 am

Re: AVEV130716: Essential Vietnam and Cambodia - July 16, 20

Postby avonord » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:11 pm

tomo458 wrote:We are traveling and arrive on the 7th our tour starts on the 9th. we was told originally that later on, our tour will get other members of a different group join us. in cambodia.

Yea, AVEV is a combined tour. One from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh, and one from Ho Chi Minh to Bangkok. One month to go and counting. Yay!

Here are a couple Google maps I made for my planning pre and post tour that you may find useful. I posted them in the Asia forum, but here they are again:

Hanoi:
http://goo.gl/maps/j7Ib4

Bangkok:
http://goo.gl/maps/aPwPs
Image
User avatar
avonord
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:51 am
Location: Toronto, Canada


Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests