Roam Bangkok to Singapore - February 23rd 2013

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Roam Bangkok to Singapore - February 23rd 2013

Postby jo-burgess » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:24 am

I'm all booked to go.. who is coming with me?! :)
x
jo-burgess
User Rank: Weekender

Re: Roam Bangkok to Singapore - February 23rd 2013

Postby emmajess83 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:25 pm

Hi Jo,

I'm booked on this trip too, so looking forward to it!! :)
Doing the essential Vietnam and Cambodia tour before this one and have a few days in Singapore at the end of the tour.
What are your plans?

Em xx
emmajess83
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby missjobee » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:35 am

Hi Emma, my profile crashed so have a new user name :)

I am doing Roam Vietnam, Laos & Thailand first then off to explore Cambodia for a bit before meeting you guys in Bangkok.

I'm then off to Bali and Lombok as soon as we finish so unfortunatly dont have any time to hang around.

Do you know we are on Koh Phangang for a full moon party, I really want to go and am hoping some of you guys will want to too!

Jo x
missjobee

Postby emmajess1983 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:47 am

Hey Jo,

I've had a few issues with my account too, hence a slight username change.
Hope your having a great Xmas :)
Defo count me in for the full moon party! I've been before and had an awesome time. I picked this date partly because of the moon party :))
Your lucky going to Bali, heard its beautiful! Are you travelling solo? I am.
I'm really looking forward to it now!! :) have you sorted your visa for Vietnam yet? Do u just get in touch with the embassy? I need to sort out malaria tablets too, think we just need then for Cambodia!? Booked in at the travel clinic so will soon find out I guess..

Looking forward to meeting you hun.
Em x
emmajess1983

Postby missjobee » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:11 pm

Yes travelling alone so hoping our group is nice which I'm sure they will be. So glad you are up for the party, I was so surprised that our tour is quite empty as the others I'm doing are full especially as we will be there for the full moon.

Yes I just got my visa for Vietnam back, I've chatted to a few people who said don't do the 'Visa on Arrival' as it takes ages when you get there and they can sometimes charge you more than they should so I have sent off and just got the proper one stuck in my passport. If you go on the website it's a really easy form to fill in, and you just post a cheque for £44 I think and you have it back within 10 days or so.

I'm going for Malerone malaria tabs as I had that doxicilin when I went to Gambia and they made me so ill, I couldn't drink or be in the sun too long, pointless for a holiday!! So a bit more expensive but hopefully will be better!!

I've got 2 weeks and 2 days to go, I'm off to China first on 11th Jan so I am just sick with excitement!!! When are you arriving in Bangkok? I've got a week on my own before our tour starts and am thinking of going into Cambodia to Angor Wat then back to Bangkok but it will be my first time to the city so a bit daunting!

Looking forward to meeting you too :) xx
missjobee

Postby jenn87 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi there!
I am also booked on this trip, and travelling alone. Really looking forward to meeting everyone. Where are you guys from? xx
jenn87

Postby missjobee » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:37 pm

Hey! I'm from the UK.

Where are you from? Looking forward to meeting you all!! X
missjobee

Postby xxsaskiak » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:00 am

Hey guys!

I'm going on this tour too! I do the Bangkok to Bali trip, but till Singapore it's the exact same trip, so I think we're going together. Maybe it would be nice to get to know each others on Facebook? My name is Saskia Kamperman and I come from The Netherlands. Feel free to add me!

Saskia x
xxsaskiak

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge