SPIT130325-the inca trail-25march2013

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

SPIT130325-the inca trail-25march2013

Postby kimbo123 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:20 pm

hi!

Me and a friend are doing the inca trail on 25th march. I figured it might be nice to chat to fellow travellers before we get there.

kim
kimbo123
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: SPIT130325-the inca trail-25march2013

Postby rmuir12 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:00 am

Hi Kim. I'm doing the same tour on 25th March. I'm also doing a Galapagos cruise just before this, so arriving in lima on 25th March. I've been doing lots of walking on hills but there's no altitude here in Australia, so fingers crossed that won't affect me. How about you guys? Cheers, Bek
rmuir12

Postby clara_hto » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:22 pm

Hello
I'm also on this tour. I'll be coming from London.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Clara
clara_hto

Postby rmuir12 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:05 pm

Hi Clara
Are you travelling solo? Looks like Kim is coming with a friend so they'll be bunked in together but I am travelling solo. We might end up in the same tent if you're on your own too. I'm starting to get very excited and counting down the days now! Cheers, Bek
rmuir12

Postby kimbo123 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:12 pm

hi bek and clara,

Bek youre right im travelling with my friend katy. we've been trying to do some hill walking too but the hills in the peak district just arent that high in comparison..

we're doing the isabela island package(galapagos) straight after the week in peru so we will probably be grilling you about it all week lol.

we are arriving in lima on 24th in the evening then flying to cuzco early the next morning

looking forward to meeting everyone, only 3 weeks to go!!!
kim :D
kimbo123

Postby clara_hto » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:44 pm

rmuir12 wrote:Hi Clara
Are you travelling solo? Looks like Kim is coming with a friend so they'll be bunked in together but I am travelling solo. We might end up in the same tent if you're on your own too. I'm starting to get very excited and counting down the days now! Cheers, Bek

Hi Bek, yes I'm travelling solo. Yes that sounds good!! are you all prepared? I've just bought some hiking gear! are you bringing your own sleeping bag? where are you coming from? Clara
clara_hto

Postby clara_hto » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:46 pm

kimbo123 wrote:hi bek and clara,

Bek youre right im travelling with my friend katy. we've been trying to do some hill walking too but the hills in the peak district just arent that high in comparison..

we're doing the isabela island package(galapagos) straight after the week in peru so we will probably be grilling you about it all week lol.

we are arriving in lima on 24th in the evening then flying to cuzco early the next morning

looking forward to meeting everyone, only 3 weeks to go!!!
kim :D

Hello, yes I've been doing some hiking too but feeling slightly under prepared for the trek!! I arrive in the morning of the 24th hopefully staying at the La Castellana Hotel which is apparently where we are all meeting before we fly to Cuzco!

Look forward to meeting you all! Clara
clara_hto

Postby rmuir12 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:06 am

Hi Clara (and everyone else!). Just under a week to go now before I leave and then a couple of weeks until the trek! I'll be leaving Melbourne on Sunday 17th heading to Santiago for a while then off to Galapagos before Machu Picchu.

I'm feeling reasonably prepared but I spoke to someone who did this trip a few years back and they still remember how hard the second day was! Still, I guess it's just about maintaining a steady pace - one foot in front of the other, as they say... :lol:

I'm going to hire a sleeping bag over there. The forums seem to think that option is OK. My travel agent has advised me to let the tour guide know that I'm hiring one on the evening that we meet at the hotel. I do have my own walking poles but you can hire those over there too if you don't have any.

Looking forward to meeting everyone soon!
Cheers, Bek
rmuir12

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge