Age concern

Share traveling tips with other travellers.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Age concern

Postby christineroyle » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:01 am

My husband and I are considering the Absolute Peru and Central Galapagos trip in September, we are fir active 60 somethings, can anyone tell us what sort of age range there are in the groups please.
christineroyle
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Age concern

Postby ballu » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:12 pm

It's been many years but...I did the Absolute Peru back in 2004, my group ranged in age from early 20's to late 60's. I've now taken 5 additional similar tours to various areas of the world and all of them have had an age range of...early 20's to late 60's. I don't think you'll feel out of place. It's more about attitude than age.
EMBRACE THE BIZARRE
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list

If you never get lost, you never get found

ballu

Postby leahlovestravel » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:41 am

I've been on two G Adventure trips (Amazon to the Andes, Egypt and Jordan Adventure) and also have experienced the same age ranges - early 20's to late 60's
Everyone got along together amazingly. You are all on the same trip for similar interests. And I totally agree with the above about it being all about the right attitude.
Have an amazing trip!!!
If it does not bring you joy, why are you doing it?

leahlovestravel
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Postby IncaTrail50 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:21 am

Agree with the above posts. I have been on a number of G Adventure trips also and the age range was wide. The biggest range so far was youngest 19 and oldest 74 :o The 19 yr olds had been on some amazing trips and had great stories for those of us older, and the 74 yr old had us all running to keep up with him on the mountain treks! :shock: We got along well and had a great time. Book your trip and don't worry, you'll have a wonderful time!
I will never let my dreams just be dreams.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Return to Travel Tips