Galapagos 10day departing Feb 9th

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Galapagos 10day departing Feb 9th

Postby genesisknight » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:40 pm

Getting excited for this trip! Going to be travelling with a good friend...who else is going to be joining, and from where?
Going to be travelling all the way from Fort McMurray, AB...will be nice to see the sun in February!
genesisknight
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Galapagos 10day departing Feb 9th

Postby catpet » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:00 am

Hello !

we are doing a 10 day Galapagos with day one in Quito on 11 Feb...G5 Northwestern Islands ..not sure if it is same trip ....departing Toronto .....yup some sunshine will be nice ....I expect Quito will be cool though at 10,000 feet ASL
catpet

Postby phnysted » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:17 am

We are two Danes to be on the southern island cruise. First we need a few days in quito, a ride on sasha lodge. we are very pleased.
phnysted

Postby genesisknight » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:15 pm

Phnysted - We are arriving early in Quito as well...late on the night of the 6th. Very much looking forward to touring the town and seeing the local sights. What is Sasha Lodge?

Catpet - You'll be on a different tour. We're leaving on the 9th and going around the southern islands. I have no doubt that you will have an incredible trip as well! For Quito, expect spring-like temperatures...though they're at almost 10,000 feet, they're still very close to the equator. The temperature today is 19c. Not too shabby for mid-January :D
genesisknight

Postby catpet » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:47 am

thanks ...have a great trip guys (or girls ) (or both)
catpet

Postby genesisknight » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:06 pm

LoL...one of each catpet!
At least for my friend and I. Can't speak for the Danes that are coming...hehe
genesisknight

Postby phnysted » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:31 pm

genesisknight wrote:Phnysted - We are arriving early in Quito as well...late on the night of the 6th. Very much looking forward to touring the town and seeing the local sights. What is Sasha Lodge?

Catpet - You'll be on a different tour. We're leaving on the 9th and going around the southern islands. I have no doubt that you will have an incredible trip as well! For Quito, expect spring-like temperatures...though they're at almost 10,000 feet, they're still very close to the equator. The temperature today is 19c. Not too shabby for mid-January :D

We arrive in Quito on 3 February. the sixth take in the jungle at Sacha Lodge. www. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPfzGcXFUqk and come back to Quito on 9 February. and so we are going to galapagos
phnysted

Postby genesisknight » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:15 pm

That looks amazing phnysted!
I'd love to go up to the bird sanctuary!
genesisknight

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge