Visas for Cambodia and Laos

Share traveling tips with other travellers.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Visas for Cambodia and Laos

Postby i_schneider » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:44 pm

I"m travelling to Thailand/Cambodia/Laos from Canada.

Can someone confirm the Thailand visa is available at the airport, and Cambodia and Laos at the land border? I"ll be bringing along some passport photos.

Thanks in advance!
i_schneider
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Re: Visas for Cambodia and Laos

Postby sinecure » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:39 pm

Thailand was available at the Airport, Cambodia is available at the border. I haven't done Laos yet, so I can't comment on that one.
sinecure

Postby ballu » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:26 pm

You might want to check the trip notes for the trip...for example if you're doing the Cambodia & Laos Mekong Adventure...

LAOS - Your CEO will assist with arrangements for your Laos visa at the start of your trip. Please have 3 passport photos and approx. $50 USD ready for the CEO.

http://www.gadventures.com/trips/cambod ... ils/#visas
EMBRACE THE BIZARRE
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list

If you never get lost, you never get found

ballu

Postby nikimarcotte » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:27 pm

did indochina discovery in 2009 and got our cambodia and laos visas at the border, the only thing i remember as being odd was we needed exact US currency for the laos visa, as they didn't provide change.....i think it was an odd number like $57, so if you gave them $60, they just kept the difference. and at the cambodia border we had to have health scans that we had to pay $1usd for , not sure how really professional the scan was, but was required to cross. nowhere in the world have i ever used the extra passport photos they always tell you to bring, but i guess better safe than sorry. random laos info: their currency the Kip is not accepted ANYWHERE outside of the country so make sure you have changed all your currency before leaving the country...and don't rely on the border exchange being open because ours was close both coming into and leaving laos. so our guide ended up getting lots of tip in kip because she was at least going BACK to laos. random cambodia info: atm's in cambodia give US currency, only local currency is used for change under $1.
nikimarcotte
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Return to Travel Tips