Transport from Delhi airport

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Transport from Delhi airport

Postby supastar » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:58 am

Hi, friends. I am flying into Delhi at 1:15 AM and am concerned about transportation to my hotel at this time. I tried to arrange transport through my hotel but haven't heard back from them yet. Are the metro police still there at that time to arrange a taxi ride? I'm a bit skeptical of trying to barter with a taxi at that time. Any tips would help!
supastar
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Transport from Delhi airport

Postby collywobbles » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:02 pm

Hi supastar

Would you not consider a prepaid transfer from G which is what I did when I did delhi kathmandhu trip.I was coming in on my own and my taxi was there ready for me. Which was great after a long flight Delhi airport is chaos no matter what time you arrive.it might be worth it for peace of mind as you are arriving early. Very early. :D

Cheers.
collywobbles
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby sprinter » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:55 am

I went to Delhi in October. It was so worth it to have them pick me up at the airport after my long flight.
sprinter
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Postby supastar » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:23 am

I'm coming several days before my tour starts and not staying at the designated GAP hotel during that time so I can't use their transport. But I found another car service and I arrived safe and sound. Thanks for the tips though!
supastar

Postby rachs » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:17 pm

What car service did you use as I am in the same situation
Cheers
Rach
rachs

Return to Asia