Mykonos to Santorini Route?

Walk or cycle the historic trails, picnic under an olive tree, explore the Greek Islands by yacht or just watch the world go by from a Tapas bar in Barcelona.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Mykonos to Santorini Route?

Postby mmb » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:44 pm

Hi,

Has anyone been on the Mykonos to Santorini route? I have a question...

I see that the meeting place is at Taverna Matthew on the Sunday of departure. Does the yacht typically depart Mykonos that night, or the next morning? I'm wondering if there will actually be time to enjoy that island, or if I should arrive a day early to hang out there.

Thanks!
mmb
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Mykonos to Santorini Route?

Postby ExplorerWannaBe » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:54 pm

mmb wrote:Hi,

Has anyone been on the Mykonos to Santorini route? I have a question...

I see that the meeting place is at Taverna Matthew on the Sunday of departure. Does the yacht typically depart Mykonos that night, or the next morning? I'm wondering if there will actually be time to enjoy that island, or if I should arrive a day early to hang out there.

Thanks!

I did it 3.5 years ago. I think we were using Taverna Dmitri as the meeting place then but basically, you meet at the taverna to get to know your skipper and the rest of the "crew" for the trip then go over to the boat to board and load your gear. You overnight in the harbor and set sail the next morning.

Definitely get to Mykonos a day or two early if you want to explore the island (or if nothing else, give yourself some safety in case of delays -- unpredictable meltimi can sometimes shut down interisland traffic). I liked having a full day on Mykonos to go diving, explore the town, etc.
Not all those who wander are lost. -- J.R.R. Tolkien
Travelog: http://gadget-travels.net/travelog
Travel photos: http://gadget-travels.net/photos
ExplorerWannaBe
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Return to Europe