Sydney to Carins / Brisbane to Carins

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Sydney to Carins / Brisbane to Carins

Postby merle » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:34 am

Hi there,

Just out of curiosity, I am interested in who else is going on the trip Sydney to Cairns / Brisbane to Cairns in February (arrival Cairns on February 24th)?
I am also wondering if anyone is interested in going to Cape Tribulation right after the trip (Feb 24th)? Just for a day or two... It's supposed to be absolutely gorgeous and it's just a 2 hour drive from Cairns....

I would appreciate some responses.

Merle
merle
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Sydney to Carins / Brisbane to Carins

Postby mat84 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:48 pm

Hi Merle,
i believe we will be travelling together. I am starting in Sydney with the "most of the coast" tour on Feb. 10th....and can't wait to go... I am leaving directly on the 24th, so unfortunately I won't be able to extend for a Cape Triblulation trip.
Cheers,
Matthias
(from Germany)
mat84

Postby leonie » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:31 am

Hey guys,

I'm also doing this tour (most of the coast 10-24 Feb) and really looking forward to it!

I have an extra day in Cairns and have booked a day trip to the Agincourt Reef but I'm thinking of changing my plans as a friend has recommended going to Cape Tribulation too. Have you booked anything?

Leonie
UK
leonie

Postby merle » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:29 pm

Hi,

I have not yet booked anything, I just have a flight from Cairns to Sydney on Monday (Feb 25) early in the afternoon, so that'd give my about 1,5 days for a trip to Cape Tribulation. As it is just a 2 -2.5 hour drive it should be fine... I could also travel back to Cairns on my own in case anyone likes to spend more time up North.

Looking really forward to the trip also (although I "just" do the Brisbane to Cairns part).

merle
merle

Postby leonie » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:54 am

Hey,

I'm flying back to Sydney on Monday too and am thinking of doing a day trip to Cape Trib and staying in Cairns:

http://www.billytea.com.au/tours/daintr ... ribulation

Does anyone else fancy it?

Leonie
leonie

Postby merle » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:35 pm

This trip looks quite nice. But 200 bucks for a day trip?? Not sure if I'd like to pay that...
Alternatively, I thought of renting a car and just stop at any nice spot on the way to the Cape. If we share the costs it should be quite reasonable, and after the G Adventures trip to Cairns, it might even be nice to do a non-guided tour (no fixed agenda)... I also thought of spending the night from Sunday to Monday in Port Douglas or so and then head back to Cairns airport Monday morning.
Lemme know what you decide.

Merle
Ps. I now signed up on Facebook for this tour (G Meet)
merle

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge