IGUASSU & BEYOND

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

IGUASSU & BEYOND

Postby sanfranca » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:41 am

Has anyone taken this tour? Would love to know ur opinion.
I am travelling solo, how many people share a room?
What are the accommodations like? It says Standard, what does that mean?
I am thinking of April trip. What to take with you?
What was the age range of people in this tour if youve taken?

Please anything would help.
sanfranca
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: IGUASSU & BEYOND

Postby whirledmyoyster » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:18 pm

I took this trip in July. Prepare to be blown away by Iguassu Falls. Simply spectacular!!

The accommodations were acceptable and of "standard" quality. The only hotel where we had a problem was in Iguassu, as our particular room was leaking water. No one else had this issue, though. All shared rooms are two people max.

In April you should experience decent weather. As I went in July, it was their winter so Buenos Aires was cold. Brazil seems to always be warm.

Age ranges will of course vary by trip. I'm in my 30s, my travel mate also in his 30s, but our group also had three 20 something's and one grandmother with her grandson. Regardless of ages, you will have a blast! The itinerary is so diverse and interesting.

Take your time at Iguassu Falls - it's the greatest waterfall in the world! Do the boat trip under the falls! Do the hike to the beach at Ihla Grande, it is tough but a great way to burn off all those calories from the delicious food! If you can, book yourself some extra days in Buenos Aires and Rio - there is no time spent in either city in this tour. If you have time in Buenos Aires, try to get to Uruguay for a day trip (though for Montevideo I would not suggest the day trip as it leaves too little time to explore the city).

Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions I can answer.

Jenni
whirledmyoyster

Postby hfxdeb » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:45 pm

Jenni, was the hotel in Iguassu in the town? Were there restaurants etc within walking distance? I'm new to G Adventures, do the Standard hotels always include private bathrooms?
hfxdeb

Postby solo traveller » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:52 pm

Hi Jeni,

I've added a few days on either side of my trip.

Can you recommend any places to stay in BA or Rio?

Being alone, I want to stay somewhere safe & comfortable.

Thanks
Dakshah
solo traveller

Postby mmorsara » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:49 pm

I just booked this trip in November and am super excited and stoked!!!! This will be my first solo trip, so I'm a bit nervous. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!!! Did you go alone? Did you feel safe? What did you pack? What did you wear? Any safety tips -- other than dont be an idiot and walk down deserted streets drunk by yourself lol?
mmorsara

Postby allen k » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:10 pm

Hello Fellow Travelers:

I've signed on with the "Iguassu & Beyond" trip this coming May (only three weeks to go; hard to believe!). This is my first time with G Adventures, and I'll be arriving in Buenos Aries a few days earlier (May 1) to take in the city. I thought I'd drop a line to see if anyone else will be arriving early and would care to meet up at some point. I'll be staying at the same hotel we're staying at (Plaza San Martin Suites). Some of the things I'm hoping to do while in BA: Visit San Telmo and Las Rocas (maybe check out the tango milongra at the Centro Cultural in San Telmo); visit the cemetery in Recoleta (¡hola Evita!); catch sunset at Puerto Madero (maybe do some biking along the shoreline?); take in the contemporary art museums (MAMBA and MALBA) and the galleries in Retiro and Recoleta (whew! I'm exhausted just thing about this!). I'm also considering taking a tour to view some of the street art in other barrios of BA.

Be forewarned; I'm a photographer, so I'll be spending a lot of time behind the lens. That said, if you care to join up at some point (dinner, music,etc.), post a note on this website.

Con mucho exitación y esperanza:

Allen
allen k

Return to South America