Cuba Libre - where/when exactly does the tour *depart*?

Central American volcanoes, cities and markets; Mexican Mayan history and Caribbean beaches and rainforests.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Cuba Libre - where/when exactly does the tour *depart*?

Postby paulbart » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:12 am

Hello -

A friend and I are booked on the Cuba Libre tour starting 22 Dec.

The first day is "arrival day", so no activities are planned that day (other than a dinner/info session). We won't arrive until late at night, so will miss the dinner. (We are staying at the Plaza hotel - the same hotel the tour starts from)

So, we probably won't see anyone from the tour company until the following morning. We don't want to miss departure(!), so I'd appreciate it if anyone who has recently taken the tour can advise on where/when the tour group gets together prior to departure.

I assume they will meet in the lobby or outside the hotel, sometime in the morning, but have no idea what time they will meet. Early in the morning?

Will there be signs posted in the hotel with this info?

I have emailed G Adventures, but thought I'd ask here as well.

Any more tips/info you can give me would be appreciated!

Thanks,

- Paul
paulbart
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Cuba Libre - where/when exactly does the tour *depart*?

Postby debandpat123 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:27 am

hi paul, we are kinda in the same boat, but are on Cuba Colonial. i think breakfast is included at the Plaza, so if you get up early you will find a lot of G-adders about! i forget if G ad posts in the lobby, so let us know what you find out! d&p
debandpat123
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Postby sinecure » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:01 pm

Hey Paul,

There will most likely be a sign in the lobby. The front desk staff should be able to point you towards this information when you arrive. Some CEO's even leave a note with reception for when you check in.

You exact departure time will be determined by the CEO.
sinecure

Postby paulbart » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:30 pm

Thanks for the replies!

Just today, I received a reply to my inquiry that I made directly to G Adventures. I thought I'd paste it here in case it helps others:

Thanks for your email! Your agent has provided our local operator and tour guide with your arrival flight details. Once checking into the hotel the front desk representative will provide you with all of the information on your tour group and tour guide along with what time you have to meet in the lobby on December 23rd (usually around 7-8 AM). If the tour guide is still up, they usually will try calling or coming to your hotel room room after you check-in to fill you in on all of the details.

So, it sounds like we'll be fine arriving late - nothing to be concerned about (I hope! :) ).

- Paul
paulbart

Postby Zuleika » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:35 pm

Errrr - dont expect the receptionists to be of any help whatsoever!

Instead find the G notice board, its not that obvious, but its further on from reception opposite the lifts, so when you are waiting for the lift turn around and you will see it. It has all the tour info and meet up on it.

I was there in March. If you have Guillermo - he is FAB!
"Live the life you love, Love the life you live"
Zuleika
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby paulbart » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:57 pm

@Zuleika:

Thanks for the reply! I was concerned that the receptionist wouldn't be much help (based on what I've read other places), but figured I'd find something on arrival.

Knowing the location of the notice board makes me much more comfortable about getting the info on arrival! Of course, worst case is we'll just wake up super early and wait around until we see others :)

- Paul
paulbart

Return to Central America, Mexico & Caribbean