2 days in Kathmandu

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

2 days in Kathmandu

Postby alabama-on-tour » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:51 am

Hello All

I'm going to the Delhi to Kathmandu trip in April and have booked an extra couple of days in Kathmandu at the end of the G Trip. Does anyone know of any good 2 day treks I could take from Kathmandu? Are there any companies people could recommend?

Many thanks
Amy
alabama-on-tour
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Re: 2 days in Kathmandu

Postby chardonais » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:43 pm

I don't think there would be any 2 day hikes from Kathmandu. Generally all the treks start from Lukla or Pokhara and the travel to and from would limit your hiking time. Could be wrong - hopefully someone else will have more info.

There are many day trips you can take from Kathmandu, so maybe try booking a couple of those to fill your time.

Delhi to Kath is a great trip! It is still my favorite i have taken!

Dianna

chardonais
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby ipdan10 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:24 pm

If you have never been to Katmandu then 2 days won't be long enough just to see Katmandu. You could easily spend a week there and not see it all. Just love the chaos.
ipdan10
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Postby moviegeekjn » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:30 pm

Get a taxi to explore small communities surrounding Katmandu that are more traditional in nature--so much to see an do in the vicinity.
moviegeekjn
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Return to Asia