suggestions for hotels in Buenos Aires

Famous for its enormous icebergs, towering glaciers and shimmering summer light, Antarctica offers some of the planet's most awe inspiring landscapes. The North Atlantic and Arctic evoke images of sparse snow covered lands, but when summer comes it bursts with colour and life.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

suggestions for hotels in Buenos Aires

Postby roliecarron » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:43 am

Can anyone suggest a good hotel for me to stay in at Buenos Aires
Also any ideas for tours for Easter Island. I will be there for 3.5 days. thanks Rolie
HI Everyone on the Inca trek and Machu Pichu area. Had a fabulous time. Percy was great. our guide on the tour. Looking for Rochelle,s email address is anyone has. Great pictures and fond memories of this trip. Awesome Rolie Carron
roliecarron
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: suggestions for hotels in Buenos Aires

Postby anonymous928 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:55 pm

You may want to elaborate on what you are looking for in a hotel in Buenos Aires, ie location, cost, amenities, etc or if you are looking for more of a hostel type lodging.

Does G Adventures not provide hotel and tour suggestions? I know my travel agent arranged all my outside of Antarctica bookings for me.
anonymous928
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Postby sinecure » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:58 pm

On most tours you have the option to book additional nights at the start and end. If you want to explore and stay somewhere else, the choice is up to you. There are plenty of resources available, lonely planet, frommers, etc...

We booked a place based on tripadvisor reviews in Hanoi, and it was one of the best places we had ever stayed all over the world.
sinecure

Postby ExplorerWannaBe » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:02 am

There are some really great bed and breakfasts in BA. I stayed at Maggie's B&B because it got great ratings on TripAdvisor and she deserved every plaudit. She's located conveniently in the middle of town -- I was able to walk everywhere I wanted except for the outskirts of the art district and mausoleum city and she was able to help me get discount tickets for Tango Portena, arrange a great taxi service for pickup and return to the airport and even had great recommendations on places to eat.
ExplorerWannaBe
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby pete in boise » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:04 pm

I've booked a room at 06 Soho Suites in the Palemo District. It is small,reasonbly priced, has received great reivews and is very close to AEP airport. They are very helpful and can arrange transportation to and from the airports. They do not take credit cards, but will accept Argentine pesos or US dollars.
pete in boise

Return to Antarctica, Arctic and North Atlantic