First trip to Costa Rica - CRQ or CRVS

Central American volcanoes, cities and markets; Mexican Mayan history and Caribbean beaches and rainforests.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

First trip to Costa Rica - CRQ or CRVS

Postby agnes1616 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Hello, my husband and I are planning our first trip to Costa Rica and like both the CRQ and CRVS trips. Has anyone been on both and can comment on them? Also, do you find that you have enough time in each location?
Agnes
agnes1616
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: First trip to Costa Rica - CRQ or CRVS

Postby Janice08 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:49 pm

I can't say much about the CRVS as I haven't done it but have been on the CRQ and CRKA. Both trips you are looking at are similar except for the price and the days on the Pacific Coast. You'll have to look at the beach locations and decide which will better suite your desires. The CRVS includes the surf lessons which you would have to pay for on the CRQ. I didn't do the surfing, I chose to go kayaking instead but I don't think the lessons at Quepos were that expensive by Costa Rican standards. I enjoyed the CRQ but yes it is a bit rushed at each location but gives you a great introduction to the country. You won't arrive until sometime in the afternoon at each location so really only have 1 1/2 days at each spot (plus an extra morning at the beach before heading back to San Jose). There is lots to do at La Fortuna so you are best to look at the options before you go so you have an idea of everything available and can decide what your priorities are. I wouldn't sign up ahead of time though as your CEO may have other options that you weren't aware of or know of better prices. We had 1 1/2 days in La Fortuna with the CRQ and another 2 days/3 nights on the CRKA a year and a half later and didn't run out of things to do. The only problem is that the prices for most activities around La Fortuna are high so budget accordingly.
Janice08
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Return to Central America, Mexico & Caribbean