HELP! What to pack for 4weeks in Thailand?

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

HELP! What to pack for 4weeks in Thailand?

Postby nicolle89 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:45 pm

I am going on the Indochina discovery tour starting 12th December. I have never been travelling before and have no idea what I need to pack! To start I dont know what size backpack to buy never mind what to pack in it! I would really appriciate advice from fellow travellors :D
nicolle89
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: HELP! What to pack for 4weeks in Thailand?

Postby sarah111 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:18 pm

G Adventures has a packing checklist for each trip. It's near the middle of this page for your trip: http://www.gadventures.com/trips/indoch ... 2/details/

There are many posts on here about appropriate size of backpack, so look around a bit. Most people will say the less you bring, the better.
sarah111

Postby desiree2 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:26 am

Hi
I agree with Sarah about bringing less. You can buy anything you want in Thailand (clothes, shoes, toiletries) so definitely don't overpack. Getting clothes laundered is ridiculously cheap. Cool, casual and comfortable is the way to go. My only suggestion is at least one top with sleeves and something that covers your knees for temples. Pack what you think you'll need for a week and that will be plenty.
Desiree
desiree2
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer

Postby carla87 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:40 pm

hey! Im heading to vietnam, cambodia and thailand soon (yay!) and gona be away for about 8 weeks all up. Ive been freaking out a wee bit about what to pack coz you read so much on here and different websites and I always over pack haha. Anyways I found a blog written by a girl and im following her list as I dont really think its to much. She advised to take 2 pairs of shorts, 2 singlets, 2 tshirts, 2 bikinis, 2 dresses, 2 bras, 7 pairs of undies, a pair of tights and 1 long sleeve light top and Im just going to take flipflops for footwear. Think that was all. You might want to change it a bit as you're away for 4 weeks.
Hope this helps :)
Carla
carla87
User Rank: Weekender

Postby carla87 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:41 pm

Oh and I think my bag is a 60L, good size! :D
carla87

Postby nicolle89 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:44 pm

Thanks this has really helped, totally last minute so will just head to primary to pick up some bargains :)
nicolle89

Return to Asia