Need a Suggestion About Christmas Holidays

Walk or cycle the historic trails, picnic under an olive tree, explore the Greek Islands by yacht or just watch the world go by from a Tapas bar in Barcelona.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Need a Suggestion About Christmas Holidays

Postby jhonmeldon » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:40 am

This Christmas i am planning take my family to Holiday Tour to some where near to UK but i looking for places where my family can enjoy the most so can any one suggest me the best Beach Vacations,Cruising,Cultural Travel (art museums, World Heritage sites),Theme Parks/Attractions and cheaper Travel operator in UK .Your suggestions are deeply appreciated.
jhonmeldon
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Need a Suggestion About Christmas Holidays

Postby IncaTrail50 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:31 pm

Not sure where would be best, travel-wise but check out airlines like Ryanair for cheap flights. Read their fine print, though, they have enormous fees for extra bags, forgetting to print your boarding pass ahead of time, etc. If you follow their rules you can fly for less than bus fare!
Good luck!
I will never let my dreams just be dreams.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Postby Zuleika » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:35 pm

jhonmeldon wrote:Beach Vacations,Cruising,Cultural Travel (art museums, World Heritage sites),Theme Parks/Attractions

None of this stuff is open or operates in the UK during the winter months, nor in the majority of Europe, If you go very Southern Europe you may get luck with the weather but not guaranteed. Also - unlike the above poster - I really cant recommend Ryan air and the majority of UK residents avoid them like the plague - truly awful! A trillion hidden costs and often you end up in an airport miles from where you expect to be! Easyjet is a ton better option.
Have you thought about a winter holiday? I went to Lapland a few years ago and it was fabulous, dog-sledding skiddooing, skiing, sledding, snow-shoeing etc etc - amazing experience. Your winter wear is catered for too.

But if you want hot you are going to have to look else where than Europe. Actually - Egypt would probably fit everything you have said you want - brilliant place!
"Live the life you love, Love the life you live"
Zuleika
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby georginal » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Forget the weather, but if you like log fires, cosy pubs then you need to head to the country. Cotswolds, Peak District, Lakes, Scottish Highlands etc. BOOK EVERYTHING from now onwards. Don't leave your travel to chance and allow for delays! Despite having snow and ice and cold weather, we are never very prepared for it when it comes. Very small chance of a white Christmas more likely cold, wet and miserable. Wrap up and go for walks. Hogmany (sorry spelling!) in Edinburgh for New Years ?? Just a thought, that needs booking as well though! It wont be cheap at that time of year, most of us Brits that go away in our own country to see relatives and have to stay somewhere are well and truly booked up by now!

Winter walking or ice hiking in Scotland maybe, that's entirely possible.

As for beaches, you might find the odd dog walker or just walkers there but they'll be wearing no less than 3 or 4 layers of wamer clothing plus waterproofs and wellies or some sort of boot anyway! Make sure you have the same kit!
georginal
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby grenadine » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:38 am

I disagree with the post above, of couse you can get yourself booked on a cruise during the winter months, I just booked my minicruise Harwich to Esbjerg for the Christmas holidays! You don't have to worry about the baggage allowance either. I booked through a site that currently has 10% off http://www.aferry.co.uk/specialoffers/DFDSSeaways.htm or here is a site I usually book my normal cruises from http://www.ferrysavers.co.uk/cruise/ . They are both price comparison websites so they should give you a variety of competitive prices. If you decide to fly I would try skyscanner.com as that is pretty much the same too with comparing prices. But completely agree with person above and fine writing, always check it and read through!
grenadine

Return to Europe