India: Tigers, Temples and Wildlife adventure.... Thoughts?

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

India: Tigers, Temples and Wildlife adventure.... Thoughts?

Postby mike433 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:51 am

Hi,

I'm looking at doing India and out of every G adventures trip this seemed best for me. What I'm looking for is plenty of wildlife, scenery, old ruins, bit of British empire related history and general Indian culture. The trip seems to do most of this but i was looking for opinions from people who have done this trip and see if I can get all or most of what i want from India. I do realise that due to the size of India and the fact that im not loaded and dont have a spare 6 months or so, that i probably wont be able to find everything i want in a 2 week trip so just the bulk of the stuff im after will do.

Also, Ive read the itinerary for the trip. It mentions on the final day that you arrive back in the morning of departure day so dont book early flights. Does anyone have vague time of arrival back to Delhi? As due to my other travel plans i'd have to leave the country pretty quickly and need to fly mid afternoon at the latest.

Thanks for any advice
Mike
mike433
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Re: India: Tigers, Temples and Wildlife adventure.... Though

Postby tletter » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:12 am

mike433 wrote:What I'm looking for is plenty of wildlife

You might want to ensure that access to the NPs with tigers will be possible as India's supreme court recently extended a month-old ban on tourism within the country's tiger preserves (see http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/1 ... 71713.html).
__________________________________________________________________________________
Please feel free to check out my travel website at http://travelogues.x10hosting.com/
tletter
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer

Postby katherine15 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:04 am

Hi.. :)
Northern India conjures up colorful images including Agra, home to the most famous of India's monuments and arguably the most romantic building in the world, the Taj Mahal.explore mystical Pushkar, a Hindu pilgrimage site famous for its annual camel fair. Here you will have the option of a ride by camel cart, passing through timeless villages on the way. We also visit 'The Pink City' of Jaipur, home to the wonderful former Maharaja palace and splendid hilltop Amber Palace.
In contrast to these monuments we explore Bharatpur bird sanctuary on traditional rickshaws and venture into Ranthambore National Park, which has a healthy tiger population, an abundance of prey animals, monkeys and bird life - a truly wonderful spectacle, especially if you spot an elusive tiger... :)
katherine15
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby AdamfromCanada » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:52 pm

katherine15 wrote:Hi.. :)
Northern India conjures up colorful images including Agra, home to the most famous of India's monuments and arguably the most romantic building in the world, the Taj Mahal.explore mystical Pushkar, a Hindu pilgrimage site famous for its annual camel fair. Here you will have the option of a ride by camel cart, passing through timeless villages on the way. We also visit 'The Pink City' of Jaipur, home to the wonderful former Maharaja palace and splendid hilltop Amber Palace.
In contrast to these monuments we explore Bharatpur bird sanctuary on traditional rickshaws and venture into Ranthambore National Park, which has a healthy tiger population, an abundance of prey animals, monkeys and bird life - a truly wonderful spectacle, especially if you spot an elusive tiger... :)

Has anyone on here seen a tiger in a National Park? We tracked one in Chitwan in Nepal for a while when I was there, but no luck finding one. And I've yet to talk to someone who has seen a tiger in the wild, so curious if there's been any luck from people around here...
Feel free to check out my travels on http://www.adammallonphotography.com
AdamfromCanada
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Return to Asia