Hostels/Hotels in Hanoi - recommendations?

Ancient temples swallowed by the jungle, rice paddies, local markets, stunning beaches, fiery cuisine, smoking incense at the feet of a golden Buddha, and the friendliest locals around.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Hostels/Hotels in Hanoi - recommendations?

Postby sez112 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:59 pm

Hi All,

I have signed up for the essential Vietnam and Cambodia trip on 24th Jan 2013 however arrive in Hanoi a few days before the trip starts. Can anyone recommend any hostels/hotels in Hanoi to stay? I am a single, 27 year old female. I dont want anything too partyish but nothing too dull either.

This is my first time travelling and although I am nervous, I am so excited!

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sarah
sez112
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Hostels/Hotels in Hanoi - recommendations?

Postby carla87 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:27 am

Hey!
Im going on a tour in december starting in Hanoi and Gap sorted me out accom at the meeting hotel as im arriving earlier. Was quite cheap and had a look on the internet and looks pretty sweet. Might be an option and saves you the hassle of having to find somewhere.
Just a thought :)

Carla.
carla87
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Postby sez112 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:45 am

Thanks Carla, definately an option. I was thinking though it may be a different experience if I stay in 2 different places while I'm in Hanoi, to meet more people.

Someone suggested Hanoi backpackers hostel but heard its very young and partyish - you know anything about it?

Sarah
sez112

Postby sinecure » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:56 am

We stayed at the 'Holiday Gold Hotel' and it was cheap and the staff were amazing. I would go back in an instant, and stay there as long as I could.
sinecure

Return to Asia