Ecuador Peru Experience & In Search of Iguassu

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Ecuador Peru Experience & In Search of Iguassu

Postby sherimt » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:52 pm

Hey! I am doing the Ecuador and Peru experience with a friend on January 2nd. I was just wondering about anyone's experience with this tour? I don't want to overpack as that is a bad habit of mine. I also have to invest in a travel backpack but if it is not needed then I wouldn't rather not. Which luggage is best for this tour? Also, which shoes? I was planning to take some nice sandals, some slip on shoes and some runners. If anyone has some helpful tips about this tour it would be greatly appreciated! Same goes for In Search of Iguassu starting from buenos aires.

Also we will be going to the carnival in Brazil and just wanted some helpful tips about this one as well. thanks so much!
sherimt
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Ecuador Peru Experience & In Search of Iguassu

Postby climbingdude » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:02 am

Hiya!
I was just trying to find out the same information you asked about - what shoes to take on the Search of Iguassu tour.

I do a lot of trekking (Nepal, Kili etc.) so when they say walking boots I can bring it. However I think for the BA-Rio trip there isn't really anything needing "walking boots", a good pair of trainers should suffice. I'd happily climb most mountains/hills in the UK in trainers if push came to shove.
Is this what you found?

Cheers
climbingdude

Return to South America