The Spirit of Shackleton Experience

Famous for its enormous icebergs, towering glaciers and shimmering summer light, Antarctica offers some of the planet's most awe inspiring landscapes. The North Atlantic and Arctic evoke images of sparse snow covered lands, but when summer comes it bursts with colour and life.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

The Spirit of Shackleton Experience

Postby tletter » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:14 pm

The 18 day Spirit of Shackleton cruise goes to Falkland Islands, South Georgia and the Antarctic Peninsula. During this cruise, I participated in the kayaking and Antarctic overnight camping optional activities.

If you'd like to see what the Spirit of Shackleton trip on MS Expedition is like, I've prepared a page (http://travelogues.x10hosting.com/2012_January.htm) that documents my experience in 2012.

__________________________________________________________________________________
Please feel free to check out my travel website at http://travelogues.x10hosting.com/
tletter
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer

Re: The Spirit of Shackleton Experience

Postby jenbish11 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:13 am

Absolutely loved looking at your travel blog.
I'm booked on the same itinerary in Jan 2013 and browsing though your photos has reinstated the excitement I had when I initially booked my trip over 12 months ago.
jenbish11
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby tletter » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:19 pm

jenbish11 wrote:... browsing though your photos has reinstated the excitement I had when I initially booked my trip over 12 months ago.

It is a very good trip such that one would have to work hard not to enjoy it. The natural variables that might affect your trip are weather and sea state. As you saw in the photographs, we were blessed with generally good weather and hopefully so will you.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Please feel free to check out my travel website at http://travelogues.x10hosting.com/
tletter

Postby jen_the_rockhopper » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:18 pm

ooooh I cannot wait for January!!!!
jen_the_rockhopper
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Postby collywobbles » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:19 pm

tletter
fantastic photos loved them. It is on my list of places to see.

thanks for showing them :)
collywobbles
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Return to Antarctica, Arctic and North Atlantic