New Older Couple

Introduce yourself to other G Adventures forum members.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

New Older Couple

Postby yeshkef » Wed May 30, 2012 5:02 am

Hi to all.
We are 64 and 59 respectively.
Are we too old for this?

Are there any other seniors around. :D
yeshkef
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: New Older Couple

Postby Janice08 » Wed May 30, 2012 8:10 am

You are only too old if you think you are. The trips I've been on have had age ranges from 17 to 65 and we all got along. Most people have been mid twenties to mid forties. As long as you have an adventurous spirit, and a body that can keep up, you'll be fine. Read the detailed trip itinery for the activity level, and check this forum for people's reviews of the trip you are contemplating, to see if its something you want to do. On a lot of trips the more "physically demanding" activities are optional so you can choose to something different if you want. If for example you don't think ziplining or whitewater rafting is your thing, you can choose to go on a nature hike or river float instead. But then again, maybe you'll show the younger people a thing or two. One thing that has been common on all the trips I've been on, is that we do a lot of walking.
Janice08
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Postby graybeard » Wed May 30, 2012 3:53 pm

No, not too old! Trust me! I'm a certified old coot and have found the G trips I've been on great fun. Sometimes some the "younger" folks were in worse shape and more "stuffy" than their more playful elders. Go for it.
graybeard
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby want_to_travel » Wed May 30, 2012 9:55 pm

We just got back from hiking the Inca Trail and the ages in our group ranged from 21 to 73. It was an awesome group! My husband and I are in our 50's.
"Do or do not - there is no try" - Yoda
want_to_travel
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Postby IncaTrail50 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:28 pm

Definitely not too old! Just came back from a Central Europe tour that combined city stuff with hiking in the mountains. Our oldest member was 71 and he was charging up the mountain paths blasting past the young girls who were only 19! Us old 'uns might have been in bed earlier but we seemed to show some stamina during the day that helped us hold our own. :lol:
It all comes down to getting along. Our guide later said she was initially concerned for our group since the oldest was 71 and the youngest 19 so it seemed a bad combination to tolerate two weeks together. It all worked well since we had respect for each other, we admired the young ones enthusiasm and they admired our experience. We exchanged stories and laughed at each others' fun.

We also hiked the Inca Trail for our 50th birthdays. Our daughter likes to call it celebrating age-inappropriate milestones!
Enjoy!
I will never let my dreams just be dreams.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Postby markmol » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:15 am

Hi, my uncle just got back from a camping trip to Africa, his first trip with G & he is 81, he had a great time & is looking at his next trip
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
markmol

Postby pat128 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:02 pm

Hello We are also the same age but decided to book a trip Delhi to Kathmandu, So it's nice to know that we are not the only people of a certin age that like a bit of adventure.
Pat
pat128

Postby bobelware » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:25 pm

You certainly are NOT too young. My husband and I are in our early and middle 60's and have booked the Best of Vietnam trip leaving Oct. 28, 2012. A couple of years ago we did the Amazon and Peru also with Gap Tours. There were people of all ages and everyone got along fine. This is our second tour with Gap and we highly recommend them! That's why we are going with them again this time.
bobelware

Postby merrill » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:55 pm

Great to see these comments- very true- I'm in my 50's and major in Sports science at university. Surprisingly, I sometimes really give the younger ones a run for their money :-) I am booked on Club Libre Cuba early December and looking forward to the adventure.
merrill

Return to New Members