Introduce yourself to other G Adventures forum members.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Postby greenbird1 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:05 pm

Hi,
this is greenbird1. I´m using G-Adventure the first time and I`m just saying hallo to any traveller around the world.
I´m 51 years old and I booked the tour adventure menkong( Cambodia an Laos ) in april 2013.
This is my first trip solo and I´ve never done anything like this.
I´m totally exited to go.
If you give me any tips to this tour it would be much appreciated
greenbird1
User Rank: Weekender

Re: New member

Postby sinecure » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Welcome aboard!

I just returned from that region. I suspect you will have a great time!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.
sinecure

Postby ballu » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:45 pm

I did Cambodia/Laos in 2007 and it still is one of the best regions I've ever visited. You will think about this trip for many years after you return. A good read you can pick up for cheap while in Cambodia is "First, They Killed My Father"...it's worth it.

USD and Cambodian Riel are fairly interchangable...there are ATMs in most large centres. Laos has less ATMs but I was there 5 years ago so things may have changed. Your tour leader will warn you if you'll be without access to one for a longer period of time so you can plan ahead.

You'll cover a lot of ground in a short amount of time, but they don't call it "travel" for nothing. Enjoy it! The only people I've travelled with on any of these trips who didn't have a good time, seemed to be set on nitpicking about every little thing that went "wrong"...keep in mind you're not travelling in Europe or North America, things work differently, be patient and appreciate the differences. ..Cambodia is still my favourite country.

I did my first G Adventures trip in 2004 solo and quickly realized I didn't have to wait for someone to travel with, or compromise my travel dreams for someone else. You're not travelling alone, just with people you haven't met yet.
EMBRACE THE BIZARRE
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list

If you never get lost, you never get found

ballu

Postby greenbird1 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:11 am

Thanks a lot
It adds god positive news to hear.Last yer I had travveled to Thailland together with some friends. It was very nice, but I am of your opinion: to travel solo I didn´t have to wait for someone to travel with, or compromise my travel dreams for someone else. Now I want to see more from the world and to become acquainted with different people.The start is this tour.
It is helpful to get tips, opinions and exerience reports in the watering hole forum.
I have still many questions, but before: I have to read the guides and to learn more english konversation
greenbird1

Postby marion123 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:18 am

Traveling in between November to February is coolest season. If you are Visiting temples then wear good shoes for walking. Dollars are accepted anywhere in Cambodia. But see to it that you are duped. It is wise to know currency rates. Credit Cards accepted. Very few older people speak French and teenagers can speak English though the grammar is not perfect they are straight forward.
marion123
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Return to New Members