Non guaranteed trips?

Share traveling tips with other travellers.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Non guaranteed trips?

Postby moviegeekjn » Sun May 27, 2012 1:49 pm

G Adventures has a number of trips that interest me; however, many of them are not guaranteed departures. This appear much more with more "obscure" destinations not as frequently traveled.

Although the itineraries listed w/ G Adventures look promising, I am reluctant to sign up with a non guaranteed journey and tie up deposit money... and be uncertain whether to go ahead to plan for flights and other surrounding travel arrangements since I've had previous G Adventures tours not make.

So far the two alternatives I've done is just go ahead and go on my own (following the basic structure of the G Adventures itinerary) in one case and booked with another agency for two other countries that I figured would be difficult for G Adventures to ever guarantee.

Any other alternative suggestions welcome... as there are a number of other destinations that are in the same terrain.
moviegeekjn
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Re: Non guaranteed trips?

Postby sinecure » Sun May 27, 2012 4:29 pm

One recommendation would be to call, they can see if there are any people currently booked on the tour. You might be the one that tips it to confirmed.
sinecure

Postby nikimarcotte » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:09 pm

i booked madagascar that way a year in advance..then i posted in the departure forum so people would know somebody had at least booked onto that date...it was guaranteed before i had to pay the balance...and the deposit was only $250....then when i got to madagascar, turned out that the tour was full and almost everybody had booked that date because they had seen my post in the departure forum. so it can work out if you have enough time. i just won't book flights before it is guaranteed:)
nikimarcotte
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby mabe » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:17 am

I am booked into a non-guaranteed tour of Japan on Nov 24, departing from Tokyo. So far, it is only my partner and I who are booked, but we were told that we only need a minimum of 4-6 people total for it to be guaranteed.

The best way to ensure that you get to go is by promoting it! If you also email G adventures every so often, they will tell you whether other people are booked in too.

Fingers crossed it works well for both of us!
mabe
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Return to Travel Tips