Greek Islands Sailing - Singles??

Walk or cycle the historic trails, picnic under an olive tree, explore the Greek Islands by yacht or just watch the world go by from a Tapas bar in Barcelona.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Greek Islands Sailing - Singles??

Postby bridgiemon » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:10 pm

Hello,

Does anyone have experience on the Greek Islands Sailing trips... do single travelers join these? I wanted to book one last year and the trip had all couples so I chose another trip. (to Turkey, which ended up being my best trip ever!)

Normally I enjoy traveling alone and meeting other Gap travelers, but something about being on a small boat for two weeks with all couples is a bit daunting.

Many thanks for your advice!
B
bridgiemon
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Greek Islands Sailing - Singles??

Postby want_to_travel » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:34 am

I'd be interested in the answer to this too. This is a trip that my husband and I would like to do someday but we wondered if everyone else would be in a "group" - not that it would necessarily stop us but as you say it is a smallish group of people if everyone else is travelling together.
"Do or do not - there is no try" - Yoda
want_to_travel
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Postby ExplorerWannaBe » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:02 am

I took the three week sail from Athens to Kos. Most of us on the boat were singles. We had 2 couples out of 7 passengers on the Mykonos-Santorini segment but only one couple on the Athens-Mykonos segment and no couples on the Santorini-Kos segment.
Not all those who wander are lost. -- J.R.R. Tolkien
Travelog: http://gadget-travels.net/travelog
Travel photos: http://gadget-travels.net/photos
ExplorerWannaBe
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby danp » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:21 am

I'm a single, and just signed up for the the June 18-27 Santorini to Santorini sailing trip. I'm sure it will be fun, whether other folks are single, double, small group etc. There are no more than 8 people on the boat anyway. I went solo to join another small Gap group in Costa Rica last year, and had a blast.
danp

Postby mands » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:12 am

Single sailor, travelling from 22nd July on Kos to Santorini trip. Did Santorini to Santorini last year and we were all travelling alone bar 2 friends. Think it's the luck of the draw (and maybe the route) of whether you get a boat full of singles or couples. Check the numbers as people sign up, if they get taken one at a time you're going to be with other single travellers.
mands

Postby ninagrimsley » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:04 pm

Yikes, I hadn't even thought of this and just booked onto Santorini-Santorini this July. Hope I'm not going to be a massive gooseberry!
ninagrimsley

Return to Europe