MS Expedition country of association?

Famous for its enormous icebergs, towering glaciers and shimmering summer light, Antarctica offers some of the planet's most awe inspiring landscapes. The North Atlantic and Arctic evoke images of sparse snow covered lands, but when summer comes it bursts with colour and life.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

MS Expedition country of association?

Postby jen_the_rockhopper » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:22 pm

Allo

I am booked to go onthe Spirit of Shackleton in January but was just reading today about cruise ships getting turned away from Ushuaia due to their association with Britain. Ive looked on the website but cannot find what flag the ship flies under. Does anybody here know? I would hate to have my trip cancelled or price hiked by needing to find a different port...

that being said one can hope the conflict will be done and over come January
jen_the_rockhopper
User Rank: Adventurer

Re: MS Expedition country of association?

Postby tletter » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:41 pm

jen_the_rockhopper wrote:cannot find what flag the ship flies under. Does anybody here know?

Liberia.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Please feel free to check out my travel website at http://travelogues.x10hosting.com/
tletter
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer

Postby jen_the_rockhopper » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:37 pm

thanks so much!

I am so excited and wishing I had some way to transport myself though time to get to January although if I could manage that time travel and still get paid for work too that would be a bonus LOL :lol: My coworkers think Im nuts but hey Id rather be cold than hot, I can legally dress for the cold but not the heat
jen_the_rockhopper

Postby tletter » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:12 pm

>"jen_the_rockhopper"

I saw many a rockhopper penguin in the Falklands but none of them responded to Jen :)

We saw the colourful macaroni penguin on S. Georgia. The macaroni penguin looks like a more flamboyant version of the rockhopper penguin but we didn't see either of them in the antarctic region.

__________________________________________________________________________________
Please feel free to check out my travel website at http://travelogues.x10hosting.com/
tletter

Postby ExplorerWannaBe » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:42 pm

tletter wrote:We saw the colourful macaroni penguin on S. Georgia. The macaroni penguin looks like a more flamboyant version of the rockhopper penguin but we didn't see either of them in the antarctic region.

We saw one macaroni in a colony of chinstraps on our voyage. Frank said that particular macaroni had been going to that colony for the past 6 years. It is indeed very flamboyant -- all the more so when surrounded by a sea of chinstraps.

EDIT: Found a picture of the macaroni from our voyage. We saw him on Half Moon Island.

Last edited by ExplorerWannaBe on Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not all those who wander are lost. -- J.R.R. Tolkien
Travelog: http://gadget-travels.net/travelog
Travel photos: http://gadget-travels.net/photos
ExplorerWannaBe
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby jam3056 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:27 am

The ship is Liberian registered in Monrovia. You should be fine.
jam3056
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby jen_the_rockhopper » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:23 pm

i love both rockhoppers and macaronis! I have a rockhopper tattooed on my back hehehe

soooooo excited for January and the Spirit of Shackelton tour

tletter wrote:>"jen_the_rockhopper"

I saw many a rockhopper penguin in the Falklands but none of them responded to Jen :)

We saw the colourful macaroni penguin on S. Georgia. The macaroni penguin looks like a more flamboyant version of the rockhopper penguin but we didn't see either of them in the antarctic region.

jen_the_rockhopper

Return to Antarctica, Arctic and North Atlantic