Cape Town-Nairobi (visa)

Immerse yourself in the rich, cultural tapestry that makes this continent so vibrant and colourful. Experience the natural highlights and get face to face with the real Africa.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Cape Town-Nairobi (visa)

Postby sgrant55 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:49 am

Traveling Cape Town To Nairobi--I know you can get Visa for Zambia and Tanzania at there borders .Just wondering if you can get your Kenya visa at the Namanga Border Post when entering Kenya.
sgrant55
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Cape Town-Nairobi (visa)

Postby ExplorerWannaBe » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:51 am

Yes.
Not all those who wander are lost. -- J.R.R. Tolkien
Travelog: http://gadget-travels.net/travelog
Travel photos: http://gadget-travels.net/photos
ExplorerWannaBe
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby beckybush » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:59 pm

When are you going? Are you doing the overland tour?

I am doing the full 40 day overland tour and am just trying to meet people who are going on the tour also? Mine leaves on March 3rd?!

x
beckybush

Postby clairew85 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:43 am

You will also need a visa for Malawi which most nationalities can get at the border.
clairew85
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Postby nia_stoyan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:24 am

Hi:
I am also curious if anyone has had problems with getting a Kenyan visa at the land border crossing from Tanzania? I am getting conflicting information. gov of canada only mentions that visa can be obtained at the Nairobi airport but when I called the consulate they told me that it is possible to get a visa at any border crossing. Do you have any recent experience? Getting a visa in advance is a hassle and can be considerably more costly, so I'd rather avoid it. On the other hand, I don't want to find myself at the border not being able to catch my returning flight.
thank you so much!
nia_stoyan

Postby ExplorerWannaBe » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:49 am

You shouldn't have any issues with getting a visa at the border crossing. The G CEOs are very experienced in getting this done.
Not all those who wander are lost. -- J.R.R. Tolkien
Travelog: http://gadget-travels.net/travelog
Travel photos: http://gadget-travels.net/photos
ExplorerWannaBe

Postby jnr1992 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:36 am

Hi Im doing the 40 day from cape town to nairobi, and so far have been told that I DONT need a visa for South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Malawi but can get one upon entry at Zambia, but not Tanzania and Kenya. I am an Australian citizen, is that conflicting information ??
jnr1992

Postby jumac » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:59 pm

Someone was kind enough to send me a link to authorities in Kenya that indicated visas can be obtained at any border crossing. I am a bit nervous too as I have emailed (twice) Kenya's High Commission in Ottawa and even called and left a voicemail message wanting confirmation of being able to get the Visa from the land border crossing at Namanga. No response from them yet. If the delay in responding to my inquiry is an indication of how long it would take to get my passport back in time to leave with it on my trip, I guess I am praying and hoping that the border will allow me to get one there. I, too, am flying out of Kenya after doing a small 3-day tour from Nairobi. I have email confirmations from Zambia and Tanzania that confirms Visas can be purchased at the land borders. I am still waiting for confirmation from Kenya ...
jumac

Return to Africa and Middle East