Airport Transfer in Quito

From the mystical peaks of the Andes to the tango rhythm of Argentina, South America has an undeniable energy that pervades everything.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Airport Transfer in Quito

Postby moviegeekjn » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:04 am

As far as arranging for airport transfer through G-Adventures, two words: Don't Bother

1. Transfer is easily available at the airport via a service there for much cheaper rates than G-Adventures rates -- taxi for only $8

2. I mistakenly paid $35 for G Adventures to meet me. They failed to show and still have not refunded the money after two weeks notice.
moviegeekjn
User Rank: Nomad

Re: Airport Transfer in Quito

Postby sinecure » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:14 pm

We've used the transfer one some trips and not on others. Some countries they are of much more value. I'm disappointed to hear that they didn't show up, if you don't get any traction with your refund please send me a DM.
sinecure

Postby moviegeekjn » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:18 pm

G Adventures finally did issue refund... Have traveled w/ G Adventures (GAP) four times and this was the first time the airport transfer fell through so was surprised.

Often don't know if airport transport is necessary unless I've been to the country before or have heard definitive details from trusted travel sources... and it's a comfort to know that you'll get to initial hotel while still disoriented and not having local currency, etc.

But Quito is definitely ONE location that travelers to Ecuador/Galapagos do NOT need to pre-book an airport transfer. Ecuador uses US currency ... taxis are easy and safe to book right at the airport... and the taxi fee is much cheaper than arranging for airport transfer.
moviegeekjn

Postby sinecure » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:26 pm

glad to hear it all worked out.

S.
sinecure

Return to South America