Economical Airline Flights

Share traveling tips with other travellers.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Economical Airline Flights

Postby Wanderer » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:16 am

Hello everyone...I will be travelling out of Canada to the US, Europe, Asia and was wondering do you guys simply book through the airlines directly or go through a travel agent? I found travelcuts online and they give discounts to students/youth up to the age of 26. Since I'm 27 I don't qualify :(. Any other suggestions??

Aamna
Wanderer
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby sinecure » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:20 pm

I normally use kayak.com to find the cheap rates then go to whom ever had the flight and book directly with the airline/wholesaler.

Erik
sinecure

Postby roofie » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:09 am

you can always check with a (student)travel company, sometimes they can give you better prices say if you book all your flights with a certain airline or their "buddies".
roofie
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer
User Rank: Elite World Wanderer

Postby gumby81 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:56 am

I'm with sincure on using http://www.kayak.com it's a great tool to check out flexible date fares, etc. And it will show you who is quoting the best price and a link directly to their website.

Happy traveling,
gumby
gumby81
User Rank: Traveller

Postby podey » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:05 pm

I agree with the others. I have used all the discount airline ticket bookers and have found that kayak.com is great in getting you the lowest fare...and it links you right through to the website...
Good luck,
Nicole
podey

Postby Sands » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:55 pm

gumby81 wrote:I'm with sincure on using http://www.kayak.com it's a great tool to check out flexible date fares, etc. And it will show you who is quoting the best price and a link directly to their website.

Hi everyone. I find that kayak.com is very useful, because it will list hundreds of flights after searching many airlines' websites. I found out, however, that there will actually be certain flights that can be found in places like orbitz, cheaptickets, etc. that will not be listed in kayak but can be found in the individual travel company's sites. As to why that is, I wouldn't know.

:P
Sands

Postby Tracey » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:53 pm

Ya I would cut out the middle man and search the internet for the flights yourself. You can find some great deals if you look hard enough.

Kayak.com is great but double check the final price because sometimes what's listed on Kayak changes on the actual airline site.
"Everywhere is within walking distance... if you have the time."
-Steven Wright
:D :D :D
Tracey
User Rank: Adventurer
User Rank: Adventurer

Postby opium_gaze » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:22 pm

i've been pricing out flights to different places to figure out where to venture off to, and i've had people reccommend kayak.com and hotwire.com but time and time again hotwire.com has come up with the cheapest flights. just thought id pass that along as another option to anyone interested.
opium_gaze

Postby retireme » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:15 pm

anyone have cheap flights to africa? i was looking to head to madagascar on my travels, but it is super expensive. you can fly from paris, but i will already be in africa, so i am looking for flights originating in africa somewhere.
retireme
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

Flying in Europe

Postby zerlang » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:30 am

I don't travel much out of the states, but here's a few if you're getting flights out of Europe:

skyscanner.net - lists all the discount airlines, and updates all the time.
lastminute.co.uk - all the "regular" airlines, although you can usually find really cheap tickets
airfrance.com - even though their a mid-range company, they often have sales and special fares available.. check them and klm.com out (same company!)
flybe.com - if you are flying within the UK and to a limited amount of EU destinations, you can usually get some good prices here
aerlingus.com - BEST for Ireland!
SAS.dk - Usually rather expensive, but flying into Aberdeen from Scandinavia (I know, quite particular) can be well cheap at times, as they have special discounts on that route (flying Scandinavians out to the oil rigs in the north sea...)

Good luck!

Julie
zerlang

Re: Economical Airline Flights

Postby sarah231 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:41 pm

jetradar.com is the only place I go to search flights now, after consistently finding them to find the best deals. They don't 'promote' any particular airline, but are totally transparent, plus they include the extra fees and taxes that you know you have to pay but many other 'comparison' sites leave off. This is helpful, as you can make a fair assessment of which is the best price.
sarah231

Return to Travel Tips