100 countries club?

If it's not related to travel it goes here.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Re: 100 countries club?

Postby Zuleika » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:49 pm

onyx007 wrote:
They have their own National Football Team, is that so, because Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland have so much money to pay FIFA ? :D :D :D

We are completely off topic now but just for interest -
'Because the British invented international soccer. England and Scotland played the first game between two national soccer teams in Glasgow in 1872. Twelve years later, the national soccer associations of England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland launched the British Home Championship tournament, which was contested almost every year for the next century. Meanwhile, FIFA, the governing body responsible for the World Cup, didn't come along until 1904. By that point, the United Kingdom's four independent national soccer associations were deemed too powerful to be combined'.
I reckon its a shame we didnt combine them - migt have had more of a chance in the world cup then!!!! :oops:
"Live the life you love, Love the life you live"
Zuleika
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby JaliscoJudy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:24 am

Ok, as long as we are way off topic: I like your new avatar, Zuleika. Looks like you've shed your weapon to dance and party. Good choice! :lol:
C R E A T E .H A P P I N E S S .& .C O M M U N I T Y
"creating happiness is a privilege we all share"
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/
JaliscoJudy

Postby Zuleika » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:45 pm

LOL - thankyou Judy!
"Live the life you love, Love the life you live"
Zuleika

Postby laurenmay » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:26 pm

On topic...

I have just turned 21 and know how lucky I am to have travelled to many lovely places already, and I have just counted that I am on 22 countries! Not bad, eh?!

GB: Wales, Scotland, Ireland

Europe: France, Germany, Spain, Cyprus, Belgium, Holland, Norway, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Greece, Czech Republic, Italy, Monaco, Malta, Turkey, Switzerland

Africa: Tunisia

USA (Virginia, Delaware, Maryland, Washington DC, California, Nevada, Arizona, New York, Florida)

And I am booked on my GAP Adventure this summer to Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore, so soon to be going up!!
laurenmay
User Rank: Traveller

Postby georginal » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:18 am

Ok here goes. I think I do actually have a chance here to get to 100. Nice to see Bossman leading the way on 106 though!! That's some target to aspire to.

Europe
England, Scotland, Wales, France, Spain, Portugal, Switerland, Germany, Italy, Vatican City, Cyprus, Greece, Malta, Belgium, Holland, Lichtenstein, Andorra , Finland, Czech Republic, Monaco.

Africa
Morroco, Egypt, South Africa, Swaziland, Zululand, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Kenya.

America
Canada, USA, (Arizona, Utah, Nevada,California, Florida, Georgia, Tenessee, Alabama, New York State, Michigan, Illinios) Mexico

Australasia
Australia, New Zealand

Asia
Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Unites Arab Emirates, Bahrain

41 countries over 5 continents. I am British and have also lived/worked in France, Spain, Switzerland, Italy and Finland and have also spent over three months in both Africa and Australasia, so I think thats respectable so far! That'll be added to at the end of the year. I think I actually have a chance to get it to 100.

I left out Luxembourg. How could I! Can now add Austria, and will shortly be adding Ireland and Hungary, so 45 by June this year. That means I have 2 1/2 years to get to 50 countries by the time I'm 40! So defiantely on track to make it to 100.
Last edited by georginal on Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
georginal
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby gaja » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:11 pm

I can count 15 countries up to now, most of them in Europe, but also the US, South Africa and Namibia, not counting a plane change at London Gatwick as visiting England. Number 16 is about to come at the end of this month.
I'm not sure about visiting a country not existing anymore, but being German with relatives in former German Democratic Republic (East Germany), I went there really shortly after the border opened in '89/'90. I was really young back then so I'm not sure how the 'official status' of the GDR was at this time.
All my posts and recommendations just represent my personal opinion and experience.
gaja

Postby yipsilon » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:55 am

Close to 35, still have plenty to do but I will definitely reach the 100 mark. Most of them are euro countries + some Asian.
yipsilon
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby mel_laughs » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:28 pm

Alrighty, I dont think i'm anywhere near 100 (one can only dream) but lets see how my much of a pipe dream reaching 100 actually is..

Here goes nothing

Europe:
England, France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Monaco, Andorra (ya i'm counting it..lol) Turkey, Portugal, Belgium, Germany

Asia (not yet)

Africa:
Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, DRC, Zambia, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, S.A

Central America:
Guatemala, Panama, Belize, Mexico, Honduras

South America:
Brazil

Caribbean:

St. Lucia, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Bonaire, Curaco, Aruba, St. Martin/St. Maarten, Turks and Caicos, Cuba, Bahamas, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Barbados

So 44... More than I thought.. "you should see my bucket list.....lol"
mel_laughs
User Rank: Weekender

Postby kat6942 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:35 am

Most of mine were from childhood so I'm not sure if they should all count. My father briefly lived in Europe and we did road trips in the summers of '90 and '91. If anyone remembers that era, they'll understand exactly why my list looks the way it does.

North America: US (49/50 states. Look out, Alaska!), Canada, Mexico

Europe: England, Scotland, Ireland, Spain, France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary

Islands that may or may not count: Tenerife, Hawaii, the Bahamas.. maybe more

Not a lot but I'm still young. Next trip will definitely be a new continent.
kat6942

Postby markmol » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:04 pm

on this subject , i have been to countries that have since been divided & united, do they count?
I travelled through Yugoslavia and through East Germany. The Berlin images of the border guards, the barb wire and the german sheppards are still in my memory. Also going through Checkpoint Charlie is still 1 of my treasured memories. If you count these 2 i am up to 63 countries.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
markmol

Postby nikimarcotte » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Tally in progress:
NORTH AMERICA:Canada, USA, Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Grand Cayman, Jamaica
EUROPE: England, Ireland, N.Ireland, Wales, Scotland, France, Spain, Italy, Vatican City, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Greece
ASIA: Turkey, China, Hong Kong, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia
AFRICA: Egypt, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Madagascar, Mauritius, Seychelles
AUSTRALIA: Australia, New Zealand, Fiji (how sad i don't even know what continents some islands belong to, but i will put it here anyways)
SOUTH AMERICA: on my list
ANTARCTICA: also on my list
Well, i am at 49...almost half way to 100!
nikimarcotte

Postby georginal » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:48 pm

Bump

Can add Ireland, Hungary and Turkey as 2012's trips, and booked Croatia for this month thats 47 countries for me now. Lets have the updates folks!

georginal wrote:Ok here goes. I think I do actually have a chance here to get to 100. Nice to see Bossman leading the way on 106 though!! That's some target to aspire to.

Europe
England, Scotland, Wales, France, Spain, Portugal, Switerland, Germany, Italy, Vatican City, Cyprus, Greece, Malta, Belgium, Holland, Lichtenstein, Andorra , Finland, Czech Republic, Monaco.

Africa
Morroco, Egypt, South Africa, Swaziland, Zululand, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Kenya.

America
Canada, USA, (Arizona, Utah, Nevada,California, Florida, Georgia, Tenessee, Alabama, New York State, Michigan, Illinios) Mexico

Australasia
Australia, New Zealand

Asia
Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Unites Arab Emirates, Bahrain

41 countries over 5 continents. I am British and have also lived/worked in France, Spain, Switzerland, Italy and Finland and have also spent over three months in both Africa and Australasia, so I think thats respectable so far! That'll be added to at the end of the year. I think I actually have a chance to get it to 100.

I left out Luxembourg. How could I! Can now add Austria, and will shortly be adding Ireland and Hungary, so 45 by June this year. That means I have 2 1/2 years to get to 50 countries by the time I'm 40! So defiantely on track to make it to 100.
georginal

Postby wattsed » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:05 pm

At last count I was up to 88--I have been to all seven continents , 48 of 50 U.S. states(have not been to Hawaii except passing through in the airport and Idaho) and some places that are not actual countries but claimed by other countries such as Falkland Islands, South Georgia, The Azores, Greenland, Iceland, U.S Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Zulu Land, etc.
wattsed

Postby cathy123 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:55 am

Ireland, England(several times), Scotland, Wales, France, Spain, Portugal,Poland(Twice), Slovakia, Austria,Czech Rep, Germany,Norway,Peru, Bolivia,Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam...that's 19...I'l be adding China to that in a couple weeks! Have had long stopovers in USA, Panama, Bahrain, and will be adding Amsterdam.
cathy123

Postby nytim » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:37 am

Where to Start:

Scotland, England, Wales, Spain, France, Italy, Belgium, Yugoslavia, Greece, Israel, Lebanon, Turkey, Cypruss, India, China, Vietnam, Cambodia,
nytim
User Rank: Nomad
User Rank: Nomad

PreviousNext

Return to Off-topic