Costa Rica - in march... what to pack?

Share traveling tips with other travellers.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Costa Rica - in march... what to pack?

Postby envirochick72 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:22 pm

Does any one know what is the best type of long sleeve/short sleeve tshirts are best for the travelling? I was bringing some light weight cotton t-shirts, but I wanted to hear others opinions.

I've got two quick dry paints and then some causal light weight ones as well. I'm only packing 4 pairs, two of which are convertable to shorts.

I'm also wondering if there are some good warm weather hiking socks out there or suggestions?

I'm used to hiking in the fall and not the warm weather as much, just want to make sure I'm prepared.

Cheers & thanks!
envirochick72
User Rank: Adventurer

Re: Costa Rica - in march... what to pack?

Postby thecakeisalie » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:44 pm

For Costa Rica I usually ditch the cotton and go with moisture wicking synthetics. But that's because I sweat profusely and the cotton never dries, at least not in the jungle. If you're in Guanacaste (northwest, Pacific coast area) it will be a little less humid and just plain hot, but for most of CR quick-dry stuff is the way to go.

You should be able to find wool or synthetic hiking socks at an outdoor stoor like REI (in US) or MEC. I know, wool doesn't sound like warm weather wear, but it doesn't trap moisture like cotton and allows your feet to breathe, reducing blisters and general funk.
thecakeisalie
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Re: Costa Rica - in march... what to pack?

Postby envirochick72 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:31 pm

thecakeisalie wrote: wool or synthetic hiking socks at an outdoor stoor like REI (in US) or MEC. I know, wool doesn't sound like warm weather wear, but it doesn't trap moisture like cotton and allows your feet to breathe, reducing blisters and general funk.

I've just bought two wool socks! Thanks for the advice.

When it comes to the quick drying... I'm having issues finding stuff that actually fit my body. I'm having to buy mens and hem the legs. But its been hard finding the clothing at this time of year. Even MEC has very few in stock. I've order some things.... here's hoping they arrive on time.

Any other suggestions are MORE then welcomed!
envirochick72

Return to Travel Tips