GAP Trip Feedback Comments Wanted

Post your opinions and suggestions to help improve our website and discussion forum.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

GAP Trip Feedback Comments Wanted

Postby AC1972 » Mon May 21, 2007 12:53 am

Although I like the Discussion Forum, the individual comments that people would make about their trip are pretty lacking, other than under Testimonials where there's not many comments (especially for any Thai trips that I'm considering taking).

I find these to be quite helpful on the Intrepid website where you can access them on each trip's information page.
AC1972
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Postby marley1 » Mon May 21, 2007 11:49 pm

I agree. I have found that there is very little feedback on the website and the general information quite lacking. On other travel websites you are able to read a lot more detail, as in the hours spent in transport between each town and the mode of transport whether it be bus, charter bus or train. I have actually contacted GAP by email and it would appear that either they would not or could not supply more information. The reason I was given is because it can change, which I suppose is fair enough, but I would have thought that these trips had been done many times over and by now they must have a pretty good idea of how it's going to work. I also enquired into the type of accommodation and received the same reply.

However on a more positive side, I realise that it is a new forum and I'm sure in time it will be great.

I would really love to read feedback from the travellers.
marley1
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby Reditor » Tue May 22, 2007 1:11 pm

Great tips and feedback. Thanks for your thoughts.

As the forum is new, we do hope that the people who have recently posted before their trip will return and post their trip reviews or links to their blogs when they return home. We're sure it will only get bigger and better over time!

Nothing beats hearing what other travellers thought about a trip, so we are planning new ways to encourage more feedback and interactive options for our travellers and website users.

Keep the comments flowing...
Reditor
User Rank: Road Warrior
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby mogwai » Wed May 23, 2007 3:25 am

marley1 wrote:On other travel websites you are able to read a lot more detail, as in the hours spent in transport between each town and the mode of transport whether it be bus, charter bus or train.

Indeed this is sometimes critical information. I bought a package (not from GAP) two years ago to visit several cities in mexico. One day we had 6 hours of bus. terrible day :)

I bought another to peru and bolovia the year after and took the "local flight+no bus" version of the trip (more expensive of course), it's a completely different experience ! Both have advantages, and it's important to know if you're travelling by bus, train, plane or skate board ;) Travelling full day is no problem, but you need to know that in the number of days indicated as duration of the trip, one or more are dedicated to travel.
mogwai
User Rank: Traveller
User Rank: Traveller

Return to Website and Forum Feedback